Hi, I just found this forum and I just wanted to let you know that if you are looking for hard to find Terex parts for scrapers or trucks, please post to this thread. I have a large amount of new, used and rebuilt parts to get you up and going. If I don't have it, I can probably find it for you. This will be my only thread on this matter pursuant to the Forum Rules. I am not a spammer, just trying to help! Thanks, Jason
Hi, I'm running TS24B's and cannot buy 27.5R33 tyres ,are you able to help. Thank you, Philip.
I have a new Michelin , 37.7 x 33 . But it is in Colorado USA. They are available here.
Hi , What price do you have on the tyre, thanks. Can you send some pic's thanks.Would you have a contact for further tyre quantities please.
Tire $10,000 us, fob colorado. Firestone bias ply tires in 37.5X 33 are still available in colrado. For now
Do you have an email?
Click on his Profile and you can send an email from there .
Hi, Wanting a drop box to fit an allison CBT750DB as fitted to TS24B. Thanks, Philip.
I sent you an email. I also have some used tires if you are interested still.
Call herigstad rental, he is in Perris. By the fire station.
ts14g hi there I am wondering what selection of parts you have. I have a 2006 ts14g 5.9 cummins.im having a hard time keeping front driveline from engine to trany.i heard there is a flywheel and damper update for them. that take vibration out when it firsrt starts. is this true
For the ts14g there was several updates for that issue. Serial number specific, it may apply to all or some of the following: flywheel update- to address engine doldrums, engine rpm low idle increase- also to address engine doldrums, and dampener update. Doldrums sounds like a made up word, but its suppose to mean a frequency of vibration that stresses metal. The dampener update was in 2008, and the flywheel update was in 2005. Your issue is probably breaking the front drive shaft and or yolk?
I have a 2006 Terex TS 14G scraper. I am looking for pricing and availability for a flywheel part # 15320881 and a damper part # 15343133. If you have any information you can email Brian at [email protected] . Thanks.
I'm sorry, I don't have those items. Try Hulco or Parts Un-ltd they may be able to help.
Hey Indyhoosier, We have a Terex 834 Wheel Loader that needs rear-end parts. If you have any we would like to talk. Have all the Part numbers if you need. Thanks Robert
Robert, Sorry but those are too new for me to have anything. The equipment that I have parts for would be the old green machines. The Terex loaders that we dealt with were the 72 series (72-31, 72-41, 72-51, etc.). Most of the parts I have are for the old green scrapers and trucks. I have some parts for the newer white TA & TR trucks also. Thank you
I need a retainer for the lower articulation pin on my 72-41, mine is missing. Also the battery cover is damaged, would like to replace it.[/QUOTE]
I'd like to find a door that fits a cab for a ts14b and the TEREX metal letters for the front and rear of machine above the radiators.
Hi Gary, We have a TS14G that when cold chugs and you can hear resonation or the "doldrums" in the rear drive of the front engine. It has been breaking the driveshaft's due to the resonation. The engine seems to "chug" due to parasitic load then clears up and works fine. According to Terex, we have the new drive coupler installed. Someone before us has changed the flywheel housing. We have installed a new Terex driveshaft and custom built both failing during the "doldrums". Do you have any suggestions? Thanks!
Hello John Wayne, What year is your Ts14g, and what engine is in it?(tier2 or tier3?) There wasn’t a permanent fix for the drive shaft/ yolk/ coupler failure, which is especially notable on the front engine. The front engine has a bit more going on, with the pumps, ac compressor, ect. So determining what exactly is causing driveline issues is difficult. What is your low idle set to? Any engine faults active? Any play in the front yolk?(splines wear, or the nut comes loose) Have you calibrated your transmissions lately? How cold of weather are you working in?
Thanks for the quick reply! The machine is a 2006 with 5.9 Cummins tier 2 in front and back. Mechanic has removed the hydraulic pump stack, transmission pump from machine and started it without parasitic loads and it still “chugs” and vibrates then takes off. I believe the idle is at 700 rpm. Cummins came out and adjusted the idle and checked out the engine however still “chugs”. Machine has a new coupler and rebuilt drive. Maybe 1/16” free play in the driveshaft before engine turns. When it “chugs” excessive rattling noise from rear drive can be heard as well as during engine shut down. Not sure if/when transmissions have been calibrated. I know they shift because we recently had to replace voltage protection module for power to ecu’s. Engine runs good however does its “chugging” when first started in the morning. It does not matter if it is 20-80 degrees Fahrenheit. Engine will “chug” and eventually break the driveline. “Chug” condition can be duplicated if the machine is idling and the hydraulics are actuated. Transmission was recently resealed by John Deere dealer and they said everything looked good inside. Problem existed before jd resealed transmission. We are not sure which way to go without throwing expensive parts at it. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Did Terex update/replace that entire drive to eliminate that noise? Thanks
I would recommend adjusting your low idle to at least 950rpm. Higher low idle RPM will help with the chugging. You can set the low idle with the idle switches. Check that your ECM software was updated by Cummins. There should be a newer dataset available (if it wasn't done yet) The doldrums issue was never properly resolved in my opinion, just reduced the amount drive shafts and couplers broke. I usually see the driveline break just after coffee time when the operator starts the machine back up. Excessive rattling at start up and shut down at the rear engine is usually the drive coupler on its way to breaking. You can calibrate your transmission by following the instructions below. The plugs are in the fuse box area, they are the weather pack connectors.
Thank you Gary! We will try the calibration and make sure Cummins installed new software. We have tried adjusting the idle off the switches but it still rattles. Does anyone that you know of build a different drive group for the front engine and hydraulic pumps? Thanks
The rattle should get noticeably less at the higher idle rpm. You could also try installing a non-terex engine calibration. I haven't personally done this, but a truck application or similar calibration may work. I don't know of anyone building a different drive group for the front engine that would directly fit on this application.
So the rattle is in the coupler/driveshaft? I am new to the Terex G's. Have a 2002 model with the DT466's. The front driveline rattles loudly at idle. 64XX hours. Front idle is at 750 rpm. Machine has lots of high heat/neglect issues. Should we be inspecting as a preventative measure?
They all seem to rattle to a certain extent. The Detroit engines didn't seem to have as many driveline issues as the Cummins did. Parts are getting rather difficult to get, so knowing what you need before it completely fails is always good. The front engine couplers aren't as prone to failure, but your splines on the yolk may be worn out. Any recent drivetrain issues.
No drivetrain issues. We've have this machine for three years. It came from the Richie Bros problems disposal auction with a fresh coat of paint(first warning). I've been fighting issues with the rear engine TPS, IVS, and BPS among other things. So it hasn't gotten very many hours. The rear engine codes for those sensors is intermittent. As soon as the engine is shut down and restarted, the problem goes away for 5 minutes-1/2 day. Can't replicate what causes the codes. Replaced those sensors and the engine harnesses up to the neck. Leaning toward a broken solder connection in the rear ECM. Seriously looking into a datalogger to connect to track the sensor voltages/grounds over operating time before replacing the rear ECM. Not much support in this part of North America for these machines.
Front and rear ECMs should be the same, but with different software. You could swap them for testing purposes. Any exact fault codes would help. You may also want to swap the throttle pedals for testing first.
hello did anyone ever come up with a good fix for theses terex scrapers with the driveline issues ?there is three here all with 5.9 cummins all 2006 all three have broke driveshafts yolks ,couplers , we replaced anything that was worn out had heavier driveshafts made and balnced yolks made up heat treated was stilll cheaper than buying one from terex ,but yet with all this done all three machines continue to break ,the new heavier driveshafts have not failed now its the u joints ,yolks or inout shafts on engine and transmisson side always front engines never the rear
I'll add on to the other post you made the other day. There were less than 70 TS14Gs built with Cummins(strike one for product support- low numbers). Terex bailed on the scrapers after the last recession other than selling parts. There is no service support from the OEM, no terex dealers, all technicians have scattered(strike two). I believe the scraper and terex trucks parts are now owned by Volvo group(strike three). Somebody please correct me if that's wrong. So you have a product that few were built, no support, and a competitor/owner which is allowing the product to die the slow death. The problem I explained in your other post, the Cummins engine rotation at idle, is not smooth(engine problem) . There is a speed up and slow down every revolution of the crankshaft. Like Gary mentioned and I relayed, the jerkiness of the driveline is reduced at a faster slow idle(i.e.- 950rpm or better). You could make the heaviest drive line possible and the next weaker link will break (you have to solve the root cause of the problem-a different driveline is only a bandaid) . Making sure the drive coupler is in good shape, and increasing your slow idle will solve most of your problems. The only other thing you might try is contacting Cummins to see is there is another QSB engine application which uses a heavier flywheel, but then you may have issues fitting the drive coupler inside the pump drive housing. It wouldn't be hard to make a thicker spacer ring for the flywheel housing to accommodate a wider flywheel.
Is there room outside of the torsional damper to bolt on a ring of metal to add mass to the flywheel? It would have to be balanced with the flywheel of course.
This is Terex response to my asking who to get loader parts from now. I don’t know if scraper and trucks are owned by the same company, email information below should get you an answer. 1-28-2020 They now belong to Mecalac 888 632-2522 . From: [email protected] Also, driveshafts might break if front and rear aren’t being driven at the same speed/ratio.
hi and thanks for the reply back i am blow away that there were less than 70 of the ts 14 gs built with 5.9 cummins they definetly have not been very rleiable thats for sure
he llo are the ts 14 g s with the 6.7 cummins are they having driveline issues as well ?or this a better engine than the 5.9 cummins
I was not aware Terex installed 6.7L Cummins. Last one off the line was August 30th, 2010. I'd have to look up when the 6.7s were introduced by Cummins. The advertising doesn't mention anything about them, only 5.9. I've seen one for sale which the picture of the engine serial number tag showed 6.7L. Possibly a replacement engine. I don't know the idle characteristics of the QSB 6.7. I'm in the middle of rebuilding the transmission in our G. After seeing the size of the clutch pack plates and discs, I wouldn't want to put any more horsepower to them. They are maxed out! I know somebody in NZ who replaced the Funk DF150 transmissions with DF250s because he had so much trouble. But he operates in some pretty steep terrain with 12" sideboards on the bowl. The S17E used the DF250 transmission.
The Cummins machines started at S8531011 I believe in 2005. The highest S853XXX I've seen for sale was S8531049. 2007 or '08 started the S914XXX machines at S9141011. The highest one I know of is S9141020 No other machines on the market to compete in this class. If Terex had maintained a reliable owner and kept refining the TS14G's, they'd had a superior machine. The refinement was sputtering to a halt in the early 2000s. The reason the Cummins were installed was they were certified to meet emissions. The contract for Navistar to supply Detroit engines ended about 2003- '04.
Navistar made Detroit Diesel engines?
Detroit 40 series were rebadged Navistar DT466E 1999ish- 2003ish
hi and thanks for the reply ,i am not sure what to about these three scrapers would be nice to put a bigger flywheel to take the rattle out of engine ,but then again would that fix the problem and where would one start lol
we were also talking yesterday about possibly installing a different engine all together in these and scrapping the cummins but then with all the electronics where would you begin with that swap over ,an old screaming detroit in there would be kinda neat but then would have to put pedals in cab for throttle etc
You need to contact the seller of the Cummins TS14G for sale on Kijiji near Oyen, AB. We've talked and texted numerous times. He had the idle turned up to 1000 rpm and hasn't had any driveline trouble since the initial breakage. He had a local mechanic set up the rpm with the Cummins software. I don't have a Cummins powered G near me to play with and iron out the problems. I'll try some checking with Cummins for a different flywheel. I suspect this engine has a lighter flywheel designed to have a torque converter bolted to it. The added mass of a bolt on torque converter would help smooth out the doldrums. But since Terex put the torque converter six feet to the rear with a driveshaft in between, thus we have a problem. You don't want to replace the engine. Not enough reward for the work, and you'll end up with a cobbled up lower value machine. Now if you were talking about changing out a 4-71 Detroit in a green one for a 5.9 Deere, I'd say go for it! Going thru our front transmission this week
Detroit had a contract to supply engines to Terex. When the emission regulations tightened up and Detroit didn't have an engine certified and available for Terex in that size, they entered an agreement with Navistar to fill the void for several years. I've also seen pictures of generator sets in Europe with DT466s and DT530s rebadged as Perkins.
Funny. In the 30s Willy’s pickups were sold rebadged as International, more sold as International than as Willy’s. That happened because International couldn’t afford to retool, due to the depression.
thanks for the reply i find it very interesting that turning the idle up fixed this problem i have talked to a cummins guy and he is going to come out and turn up all three of our machines and see if that helps
What is your contact info IndyHoosier. Several TA40 wagons here looking for parts. Or send me an email.
Those letters arent metal, they're actually Rubber Just FYI
Further investigation shows 2008 and later TS14Gs with s/n S914XXX had the 6.7L Cummins. It had common rail fuel injection. But there were only ~10 built. I don't know about the driveline issues of these machines. I'd like to find one.
Hi I'm looking for the transmission shift controller in cab would you have one?
The original poster hasn’t been on this forum in over five years. I wanted parts too, but he never responded.
Ok thanks
Hi, looking for a twin-hitch for ts14b. Thx. Terry
Hi, looking for twin-hitch for a 14b. Thx. Terry
i am having the same problem did that fix it
It's a step in the right direction. Make sure you sping damper in the flywheel housing isn't too loose and worn. Minimize your idle time. Longer than three minutes idling, either shut it off, or use one of the Lisle Tool extendable throttle prop tools to hold 1200rpm. The dead slow idle hammers the driveline until it breaks.
Looks like these 4 machines recently listed on Ritchie Brothers have the S914 serial number prefix, if you are still looking for one. Says all of them are inoperable though. Too bad these are so far away in Canada. On the unit they have all pictures uploaded for, you can tell the exhaust on the front engine is definitely different than the units with the 5.9L so I assume these do have the 6.7L. I’d like to try one out at some point, I’d also like to know the power rating and specs for the units with the 6.7L. Do you know if they still used the DF150 Trans with the bigger engine? Search Results
Hard to beleive they are all ‘inoperable’. Maybe they couldn’t get the rear engines running which would make them ‘partly inoperable’ lol
I was also wondering about that. I suppose, when they went to inspect them, all of them had dead batteries?
I thought the same thing. It’s a shame they weren’t taken better care of. QW’s #36 post on this thread says that serial #S9141020 was highest serial number he had heard of. If that is correct, this would be the last TS-14 that was built. I hate to see that it has been parted out. Hopefully someone will get it that will put it back together and get it moving dirt again. https://www.rbauction.com/pdp/2010-terex-ts14g-motor-scraper-(inoperable)/12383772?utm_source=www.ironplanet.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=syndication
after looking at the pictures of that particular unit it is definitely inoperable. Maybe someone like LMM worked on it
Looks like it had poor maintenance from new and someone just started stripping everything apart without knowing what they're doing. Might have to check LMM's previous work history.
Why is it forbidden to list the full serial number? I don't get it! If I had been a few years further past a divorce for financial recovery, that one would have been mine. I know where S9141011 and 1012 are. I've sat in 1012. Sent parts to NZ for it. One of the three in the sale is listed as 2010. Others are listed as 2009. I haven't been following HEF as close as I should. Started at SiTech Ohio September 30th.
All the S914's had the 6.7L. Same power ratings. They used 6.7s to meet emission regulations.
Looking for ts24c Shift Pattern Generators. Possibly rear differential or diff parts as well. Thanks.
And transmission wiring harnesses as well.
Looking for a shifter assembly for a 2000 ts14G
The part number is 15246698. This company may be able to repair yours: Heavy Equipment Electronics Repair & Replacement | Jultech Jultech repairs and supplies replacement and remanufactured electronics for trucks, construction and mining equipment. Search products and part numbers. jultech.com You could also check with: Ken Botsch Earthmovers Supply, Inc. 115 Tradesmen Drive Hutto, TX 78634 512-846-2392 Or C&C Repairs CJ Gaul Plain City, Ohio 800-937-3680 www.c-crepairs.com You may also want to see if you have a local Funk Transmission dealer that could help. John Deere dealer may be able to help also since Funk is a Deere company.
Hulco has someone who they send these shifters to for refurbishing. I had one done. There are four screws that attach the mounting plate to the aluminum housing. Be sure to request these threaded holes are Heli-Coiled. There aren't much threads in the aluminum and they pull out. Specifically ask for this.
I got lucky and took the assembly apart and there was a screw/bolt that fell out internally letting both balls that hold detent fall out of place also. Luckily everything was there and unharmed so just assembled it again and we'll see if it's a problem again, but for now it works.
Hello, I recently purchased a Terex S-11E Series B and would like to find a parts source. At the moment I am looking for some filters for the machine. Transmission oil filter p/n 419471 & 9037350 hydraulic filter 9037577 (or 9051565 element kit) , Steering system filter p/n 422143. I have the parts manual thanks to support on this forum however I haven't had any luck cross referencing the Terex parts numbers for the filter elements. I'd like to have them on hand before I take the old ones out. Thanks.
It looks like FinditParts has the 9037350 available. Terex 9037350 - FILTER | FinditParts Terex 9037350 FILTER ✓ Order now for same-day shipping on eligible purchases from FinditParts.com, America's online marketplace for heavy duty parts. www.finditparts.com Check with Ken Botsch at Earthmovers Supply, Inc., he may be able to help you track all these down. Earthmovers Supply Inc. 512-846-2392
Thanks, appreciate the possible options.
Check in filter manufacturers catalogues. Baldwin has an extensive catalogue and I'd think other brands do as well.