Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Terex PT100 fuel crossover tube vs muffler puzzle

L3akaL3 ยท 2024-06-18 19:38

Still working on my 2009-10 PT100 project and making progress but... Fan was still hitting lower radiator hose no matter what I did. FINALLY figured out previous owner had somehow bent fuel crossover tube then rebent it but not correctly so it is pushing up on radiator hose forcing it into the fan. So ordered new crossover tube and trying to change it but can't get to the connection by the muffler. Took muffler bolts out but muffler bracket won't clear the crossover tube. I have a chicken and the egg puzzle. I can't get the tube out with the muffler there and can't get the muffler out with the tube there. Which is the usual part to get removed first and are there any tricks? Also, there's hardly any room on the tube fittings. I pulled the hydraulic filter to get to the one side though it's still cramped and it won't stop trickling hydro fluid with the filter missing. How do you get the fittings on the crossover tube loose/tight? As far as I can tell, they are 2-1/4". I can't get a wrench in there and turn it at all. My biggest crowfoot is 2". Guess I'm going shopping? Anyone done this job and have pointers?

Replies2
  1. #1L3akaL32024-06-28 06:00

    Never got an answer so figured it out myself. Here is how to get the crossover tube out... Remove Radiator Fan and shroud.... Unmount alternator and swing it out of the way. Remove bolts from muffler do you can move it a little to get access to the Fuel Crossover Tube nuts. Use a 2-1/4" Crows foot to loosen nuts on Fuel crossover tube. Move tube towards the front and remove muffler. Here is 2-1/4" crows foot. I found putting it on a swivel and 6" extension helped... Remove left side fuel tank by removing 4 bolts (Red Circles) and pulling hose off fuel vent then unscrewing fuel vent fitting (Orange circle) that is in a tough to see and reach upper corner under the fender lip... Drop fuel tank with a jack tilting it out at the bottom to get it free of the lip and now you can slide the crossover tube out the side. I hit the 4 picture limit so picture of tank out in next reply.

  2. #2L3akaL32024-06-28 06:01

    Here is tank removed and resulting access hole to slide the fuel crossover tube out the side....