TEREX PT30 Oil warning light 2010 TEREX PT30 has oil warning light on, oil level is just below max. Had it running for 2 hours, engine seems to run normal. I am thinking the oil pressure sending unit is faulty, but I cannot find any part nor location under hood. Any thoughts?
Maybe this will help, It's a shop manual, for the perkopillar engine, in question: http://www.autotrakt.ru/uploads/files/400d.pdf I looked, but can't find mention of the location for the SU, but if you do find it, let me know. If it wasn't so darn cold out in the shop, now, I might look, on mine...
Got it, page 93. Thank You! It shows 2 possible locations. Mine has it at valve cover. Now, how can I test that switch? I am hoping it is the switch and not the oil pump.
Take the switch out, thread in a cheap oil pressure gauge, with a dial reading, is what I would do. Get it warm, and see what the readings are, at various RPM levels, and op temps. Another thought occurs, (see the smoke??), it has a relief valve, down under the inj pump, IIRR that could cause low pressure, if something is wrong, there...
Cannot get this pressure tester locally. I think I just get a new oil pressure switch. Where are u guys getting the parts for ASV/TEREX these days?
The pressure tester I am talking about is a common automotive oil pressure gauge kit. Should be able to get it at any auto parts store. Only problem would be if there is some odd thread, on the port that the sending unit threads into...