Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Terex Pt30 track frame to axel mounts

gareth281 ยท 2025-04-25 00:15

Hi guys, first post here, I have a Asv RC30 which has a pt30 undercarriage for some reason. I only discovered this when purchasing the pricey$8400 aud drive motor replacement. My question is how much play should there be where the track frame mounts to the front and rear torsion axels. Do I have to replace the whole weldment pivot joint or can i build up with weld and machine down? If so does anyone know the tolerance. I am just assuming that there is more wear than usual. Please anyone with any info on this I would be eternally grateful as I cant find any info other than a replacement part. Thanks in advance

Replies6
  1. #1Arny L2025-04-25 17:58

    Welcome to form, by the looks of your washer, the frame has been moving in and out a fair bit. On my ASV, the axle is slightly recessed inside the frame. You could have wear, on the axle flange, and on the frame. I would slide the track out a bit, and have a look. If axle flange is ok, then yes, I would just weld up the outside,(and maybe inside) grind flat, and get new washer. I don't think your going to find a spec. Basically, you want no play when tightened up. This would be a good time to check/change bushings when apart. And don't forget to loctite that bolt.

  2. #2gareth2812025-04-25 18:15

    Thanks Arny L, much appreciated I will definitely look into the things mentioned above. I did slide the track frame out and have a look on the axel side last night and all seems pretty good. I did find somewhere that mentioned the track frame should float and allow 1/16 - 3/23 gap?? If I flip the washer around that's roughly what I'm left with. My plan was to replace the washer and flush up the carrier face with weld and leave it with that little bit of play assuming it was the right thing to do. I guess all I need now is a definitive answer regarding there being that little bit of play or tight and no play as you mentioned. Thanks again @Arny L

  3. #3Arny L2025-04-25 19:33

    First couple of hrs of running, and you will have your clearance. Good luck

  4. #4gareth2812025-04-26 02:27

    Ok great thank you

  5. #5OMF2025-05-01 00:16

    Just to add a little info, My RC30 has about 1/8" movement.....even got out my ruler

  6. #6gareth2812025-05-01 03:02

    Thanks for that, appreciate your time. Had a chat to the dealer the other day and that's what they recommend too, said it needs a bit of wiggle room about 1/8" They also supply factory shims too, so got a couple with some new outer washers. I will take the track frames off and replace the bushings when I do my next service. Thanks everyone for the help