Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Terex Roadmaster 9000

classictruckman ยท 2012-09-11 19:58

I maybe starting a new gig in October on a Terex Roadmaster 9000, does anybody have any experience on this new 90ton model, or any advice for a boom truck operator getting into a real crane?

Replies8
  1. #1catkicker2012-09-17 19:57

    Good luck with the new rig. study the load charts *small print* Go over the manual thoroughly. Don't know what your used to, terex is well known for it's cheapness. Budget crane. Some good & some bad designs. 164' of boom Stay in your charts and be easy, lots of boom deflection in those Terex booms.

  2. #2classictruckman2012-09-18 21:02

    Thanks, I didn't realize terex was "budget" in the crane world as well as the boom truck world. I have put most of my seat time into a 38 ton manitex boom truck with 124' of stick, although lately I've been running a 44 ton knuckle boom with a wireless remote, so it's more like finger time .

  3. #3RedandYellow2012-09-24 16:21

    This is a Terex/Demag. All North American 9000s went to Canada. Early units were problematic. Follow catkicker's advice.

  4. #4lumberjack2012-09-24 16:51

    Classictruckman from Treebuzz?

  5. #5classictruckman2012-09-24 21:57

    well one of my first jobs is to pick it up from the dealer, it hasn't been shipped from the factory yet, so hopefully they've worked out most of the bugs.

  6. #6classictruckman2012-09-24 21:59

    yes it is

  7. #7lumberjack2012-09-25 08:03

    I'm lumberjack from the same. Getting out of the family business?

  8. #8classictruckman2012-09-25 19:36

    Yeah, after years of thinking I've come to conclusion that I don't want to manage people, I have no problem with any other aspect of owning the family business except for that.