Hello all, We have a Terex S-11E scraper. Using it to fill washouts on the farm and after about 6 or 7 loads the power unit/torque converter/fluid coupling/hydraulic clutch? gets hot ~250 F and the scraper won't move. I can watch the top driveshaft stop turning. When cold it won't move in any other gear but 1 or 2. It works ok when warm until it overheats. Are parts still available? Looking for insights. Thanks.
Terex stopped making scrapers (again) in 2013. This ended the G series. From what I have heard, Terex has closed and opened their scraper factories 4 times or so. Their parts support has been hit and miss, and usually comes with a healthy price tag on most parts. I was having trouble getting warranty parts on the G series scrapers, so I don't think your going to have much luck with an older machine. I'm sure you have tried looking through google for parts. There was also a post from another member that can get some parts. Now back to your machine. Does this have the Funk transmission? Any fault codes? Have you tried calibrating? Sounds like a bad torque. I had one where the torque broke the welds. It was actually really amazing. And really expensive.
I saw the recent thread on parts but I wanted to maybe get some affirmatives on my problem. The model number on the back of the cab is 16 UOT. I believe it is an early 1970s model. So no fault codes *** It has a 4 cyl detroit and I think the transmission and other drivetrain parts are Allison/GM.
If I remember correctly, that machine used a one of a kind DANA powershift trans. The powershift outfit I use for all brands of parts couldn't find any info on that particular transmission. But that was 1998. I was considering the purchase of one of those little machines for some residential work, but it too had similar symptoms. I did look like a Clark trans from a Wabco 101 scraper may be a possible replacement with a bit of refitting.
I dont have any manuals for machines as old as yours. Have you tried calling Terex? They have a technical support line. Its helped me before. I don't see it on their webpage anymore........... You may just have to call one of them, and they will re-direct you. Just have your serial number ready before you call. At the very least, they should be able to give you some information.
I will try and remember to post back when we figure out what the problem is and find a solution. We are going to try replace the hydraulic filters and if that doesn't help remove the torque converter/clutch and get it rebuilt. Apparently there is somebody in Fargo that rebuilds these.
daner , the terex S11e , is that the rebadged mitchy
I think that greeniron is right, post a picture of it if it is handy. I believe it is the same exact machine as a Hancock 292 or Michigan 110-11 or clark 110-11 (some may have had a cummins engine, but otherwise the same). I had a pair of 292s, scrapped one to keep the other going, had a spare torque and trans, sold it when I sold the working machine, if you are interested I can look up what make & model they were to see if it is the same and give you the contact info for the guy who bought it.