Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Terex TA30 brake accumulator

Tony Wells ยท 2024-05-29 22:10

OK guys, bear with me if you can. Got an old TA30 in the shop. Got most everything fixed. Get to the brake system and I'm a bit short of data. The accumulator was a rust bomb, so had it rebuilt, evidently by the wrong people. They call today saying they can't fill it. No reason given, so have to drag that out of them. I question the claim that it's rebuilt if they can't fill it for testing....but anyway, I don't have the specs for the pressure it should be charged to. Can anyone help me out with that?

Replies3
  1. #1Tony Wells2024-06-08 18:37

    I kept pushing, and they had it tested and filled. By who I have no idea. I told them unless they had tested it I was not paying for a rebuild. They called and said their sources say 1000 PSIG, so that's what they filled it to. Now to get it back on, and see how well the brakes work.

  2. #2Kobe Steel2024-06-25 03:05

    Hello Sir Not sure if this information is relevant to your machine but it may be of some help as a reference. Best regards

  3. #3Tony Wells2024-06-25 11:27

    Thank you, KOBE STEEL. That confirms some of my other findings. I will add it to my library. I'll report back when I wrap this truck up and send it.