Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Terex TA30 leak at ZF transmission input flange

Philip S King · 2024-01-10 11:37

Can anyone suggest procedures, tools or tricks to replace about a 3.5 in diameter ZF transmission input shaft seal. Look like I will have to hang upside down between the engine and transmission with maybe 20 inches of clearance. Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1Philip S King2024-01-10 12:29

    Parts book has "8.5 c" in the flange description. May that means the flange(yoke) is 8.5 c diameter. Should I try to purchase seal removal or installation tools? Any suggestions? I did the rear lower output seal. It was a pain and I had good access.

  2. #2Bigbert2024-01-14 13:07

    Hi Philip, the exchange shouldn't be a bigger challenge. Take out prop shaft, bolts (secured with loctite, so heat up), take out seal ring, fit the new one, fit the bolts with Loctite.

  3. #3Philip S King2024-01-24 17:04

    Thanks for the help. I found a bigger leak. On the lower back, to the left of the rear output shaft, oil is dripping from a hole. This hole is close to the frame and difficult to see and difficult to access. Do you know what is in this hole? Is there a faster inside? There are two similar holes above it. Please see the attached picture.

  4. #4Philip S King2024-01-24 19:59