Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

terex tb42 oscillating front axle

Igknotts ยท 2016-10-14 15:56

I can not get the front axle to unlock. I have extended the boom and lifted past 15 deg, then retracted the boom fully then lowered to the ground per the manual and I can not get the axle to unlock. The machine is currently sitting on level ground with front left wheel 1 inch off the ground. Any guidance would greatly be appreciated. Chris

Replies1
  1. #1lantraxco2016-10-14 19:30

    Check the two proximity switches, one for boom down, the other for retract. There should be a single coil solenoid valve in the main stack that controls this, I *think* it can be swapped with the high speed solenoid coil and valve for testing. Check for voltage to the coil I think they're both on the far end of the stack from where the hoses attach. Got pictures? Could be a switch, fuse, relay, broken wire, bad solenoid coil, etc....