Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Terex TM105 & TM125 aeriol work platforms

rare ss ยท 2011-04-01 23:37

Hi Guys Great forums.. been spending alot of time looking around and having a good read I'm after some advice on these Terex units click for product info I'm looking at buying a 38m unit but after any advice from anyone who has used them before or tryied to get parts or backup from them, i just cant trust the salesman i'd like to get some info from guys in the know with these units Thanks for any info! Adrian

Replies3
  1. #1rare ss2011-04-14 09:27

    there must be some of these units out there? the salesman tells me theres thousands of them

  2. #2willie592011-04-14 20:46

    I haven't worked on that particular model Terex Hi Ranger, that's a big machine. There is a lot of Terex Hi Ranger units around, just not that size. Most applications and users of these machines are electric utility companies and the lines are not that high. There are some in use for the high wire power lines, but not that many. Hi Ranger is a very old brand, been making bucket trucks for years. I've worked on a few of the smaller Terex Hi Rangers, haven't noticed any unusual problems with the machines or availability of parts here in the states, but I just can't speak for that machine. I suppose there must be a Terex Hi Ranger dealer network in Australia or you wouldn't be thinking about purchasing one. What kind of work do you do to need a 38 meter machine?

  3. #3rare ss2011-04-16 08:28

    yeh, there is a dealer for the Terex units in Australia and is supported via the Terex parts network.. the work that the unit will be doing is mainly communication towers and due to the access to some of them a certain amount of reach and height may be needed to access them, theres only 4 TM105 units in the Aust. and no TM125 units so i'm abit relectant to be get the first one we dont work on live equipment but theres been some incidents involving static charges and non-insulated towers