Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Tire Prices

maquinariawiebe ยท 2011-04-04 18:38

I was looking into purchasing tires for some CAT wheel loaders we were refurbishing. When I was qouted, I was really surprised to see the high price. I guess, due to events happening around the World, catasrophies, shortages, etc. Prices have changed. Definitley higher than when I was lasted qouted on tires, Any insight on this topic?

Replies6
  1. #1Lee-online2011-04-04 18:55

    Tire prices are related to the price of oil. I remember a few years ago when oil was at its highest, we were getting brand new 725-740's with only 4 tires and we got wheel loaders with no tires, just wheels with oak strips banded to the rims.

  2. #2maquinariawiebe2011-04-05 13:16

    What do you think, will prices keep going up..?

  3. #3derekbroerse2011-06-28 18:53

    I bought used military take-offs from ebay. 90% tread. Mine used 20.5R25s but he has everything. PM me and I'll send you a link to the seller. I think these will be right up your alley.

  4. #4derekbroerse2011-06-28 19:31

    Actually here is the link to one of their ads: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/395-...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories Or call him directly.... just ask if he has what you need. Jim at 704-983-5940 He is in NC and ships all the time.

  5. #5Cats4me2011-07-01 21:40

    What size tires go on your loaders?

  6. #6William Jeffrie2011-09-21 17:26

    These days are tough with oil prices. Sure makes it hard to keep the equipment in good shape when everything is so expensive. Good Luck, William Forklift repair Chicago