Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Terex TS14B blower

stars&bars44 ยท 2017-03-31 21:21

Hey everyone! Just got a TS14b from an auction. Had some old Euclid S18s with 6110bs in them but never a little 471. The back engine won't shut off with the blower. You flip the lever and I can hear it close and motor slows down but chugs black smoke. It runs at a very low idle. Had to loosen fuel lines to get it off. Any ideas? Could it be a gasket in the box? Or do I need to go into it?

Replies10
  1. #1RZucker2017-03-31 21:47

    Could be a bent flap, I've seen a few that leaked enough air to let the engine idle. Didn't the normal shut down work?

  2. #2stars&bars442017-03-31 22:37

    Well I thought that was normal. Never had a twin engine before. Front pull the pedal back. Looked for a pull lever up there in cab for back. Guessing it would have something near back engine for shut down?

  3. #356wrench2017-04-01 11:17

    It should have a spring-loaded shut-off lever on the governor. If it has been shut off too many times with the emergency flapper, it could have sucked the shaft seals out of the blower.The flapper is for emergency use only, such as a fuel injector rack sticking open, not allowing the regular shut-off to work

  4. #4stars&bars442017-04-01 13:19

    Yeah I found the shutoff. The lever had been broken off. I know some of the ts18s had a pull handle that's what I had been looking for. Thank you. Changed the oil and filters, gotta put some grease on it and clean it up and paint it. Thanks again for the help guys.

  5. #5mog58582017-04-02 18:26

    nice looking toy let us know how she is in the dirt with pic preferably. lol

  6. #6stars&bars442017-04-03 11:22

    Will do.

  7. #7stars&bars442017-05-21 14:27

    Forgot to post pics. Been using pan for a few weeks, and no problems.

  8. #8Buddy2017-05-22 07:52

    Nice looking machine you have. I have one of those TS-14 's here in the building . They are good machines. Even look better with fresh paint. LOL.

  9. #9Former Wrench2017-05-23 13:13

    I would get the shut down lever working. It causes premature wear to blower seals to use the emergency shutdown flap to kill the engine on a regular basis.

  10. #10stars&bars442017-05-31 21:08

    I fixed it the next day. Thank you though. I know that's hard on them