i owned one for about 5 years. it was the only piece of equipment i ever ran!it was model t5c, kohler powered@ 20 horse ,2 cylinder, 4 stoke, air cooled! it ran great! bought it from a rental place near-by! had to sell it later due to divorce.you guys ever operate those lil hoes? i re- sold it to a plumber guy, who did , mainly res. work for home builders! i think even ,i know how home builders , slam the tradesmen into the no proffit zone! still wish all you contractors the very best at keepin ur people and machines and dirt movin!!!!!!!!
I used to rent one years back for digging trenches where I could not get a full sized machine in tight spots. They were a little underpowered and light sometimes but sure beat a pick and shovel.
We opted for the loader without the hoe.....I was reminded for nearly 2 years that hoe was missing.
I used to rent one to do my work from time to time. I never had trouble with power, but the machine was pretty light and it would get tossed around a bit while digging. On one job I dug out a 4' diameter rock, actually picked it up with the hoe which I never figured on being able to do. I wasn't able to lift it with the front bucket, but I was able to skid it to an area to hide it which surprised me. Once my rental frequency equaled the cost of a monthly payment, I bought my skid steer. It wasn't a bad little machine for what it was, and as mentioned sure beat a shovel!
My dad is really keen to get one for his department at Cedara College Of Agriculture. We've seen them at the various agric. shows and home owner's shows, and my Dad is now dying to get one T9 to train his students on. He has some serious land and earthmoving that needs to be done, and can't wait to get it. Neither can I.
though i dont have anything to compare it to, it was so much fun ,to me ,bein a newbee, that little hoe ,was a d-10,to me, lol
terramite loaders i owned a terramite loader for , oh 3 or 5 years. just used it around the house. seemed to be a well built machine.i bought it used from a rental place,that i assumed kept it tip top-NOT! but it did me well. anyone here ever work one of these?
We had a few at a rental yard I worked at. They were pretty good little machines. Only problem we had is that our soil around here is so rocky and hard, that the hoe was almost obsolete. Not bad for a garden tractor.
I have rented and used them at times when access was too tight for a full size hoe. They are small but a lot better than a pick and shovel. I have seen them them recently with a center pivot which would be even handier for tight spots.
It seems you've already discussed this counter, I've merged the two threads.