I have a 1950-53 terratic dozer getting hydraulic oil in my oil As far as I know the pump is a gear driven pump Need to know what I need to do to check it It has a 4 cylinder gas engine
It is a conenintal engine
Most likely the shaft seal in the pump is cactus. The pump will have to be removed and stripped down to repair. For a little extra cost the bearings should be replaced at this time.
Does anyone know where I can get any info on this
Maybe this is yours ? terratrac dozer at DuckDuckGo DuckDuckGo. Privacy, Simplified. duckduckgo.com
Thanks
It would probably be a "Continental" engine. Red seal was popular from continental.
Pretty sure Terratrac (Case) used a Continental but Red Seal models came later in the early 70's I belief but only minor differences. I'd guess it's an F140 or F162 but there were some other models too. The 140 and especially the 162 were the most common. F162 was extremely popular in Lincoln welders and welder repair shops would be a good place to check for parts if you need any.
At the end of the day it doesn't matter what engine is used. The OP needs to fix the hydraulic oil leak and drain, flush and replace the engine oil. With care taken you don't need manuals when observation is suffice in fixing the hydraulic pump leak. No doubt the seal and bearings are available from a local and good bearing shop.KISS
I sold the dozer yesterday