I have had to replace my generator on my 955-12A. The shop said that the old one was beyond repair. Anyways, I have gotten a replacement along with another voltage regulator. I have installed them, but do not have anything coming from the generator. I have polarized the generator. I have tested to ensure I have battery voltage to the voltage regulator. My question is: what steps can I follow , with a volt meter, to verify that these components are working. Also, because this is a gear drive generator, how far towards the motor must it be to ensure that I have engaged the drive gear to he driven gear?? I have about 3/8"-1/2" left to the right of the slotted groove. Thanks in advance Rod
For a start, the Dash Panel must be Bolted in place to Earth it, this is done Via the Fixing Bolts, you should have a Wireing Diagram Plate on the Battery Cover, the Charging System is fairly simple, to test if its working/charging , measure the Battery Voltage eg 24.4 Volts then start the Engine and set to about Half Speed,then Re-measure the Battery Voltage, it needs to show a Higher Voltage eg 26 or 27 volts if it does this its charging tctractors