I have found a used genie gs-1930 8-10yrs old. The problem is it doesn't have any batteries. Can I use 2 12v automotive batteries hooked up in series to get 24v just to see if the lift works? I don't want to get it home, buy new batteries only to find out it has other issues. Anything else I should inspect? Tips would be greatly appreciated. Plan to buy this lift so I can build a shop.
Yes you can use two batteries like that for testing purposes.The reason it has for batteries is for longer run time . Make sure you pot hole bars work mechanical and electrically with all other functions .
2 batteries to test funtions will work. Make sure all the controls work at the platform and ground controllers. If you can, get two people on it to make sure it lifts you both. Turn fully in both directions and you'll probably find the drive hoses dry rotted and cracking, which you'll want to fix before they spring a leak. If there's any issues with it not wanting to function, hit/kick the black contactor on the battery side until it clicks when you use a function, they stick sometimes.
Thanks for the info and tips! I have my batteries charging and plan on checking them out tomorrow.