Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Thanks Nige!!

Diesel Dan 92 ยท 2016-03-31 16:49

You sent me engine removal and install instructions for my D4H a while back. I ran it the other day and remembered I forgot to thank you. New injectors, turbo, bearings, upgraded pistons, runs great.

Replies16
  1. #1Nige2016-03-31 16:56

    No worries. Glad it worked out for you ....

  2. #2Multiracer2016-03-31 17:56

    Nige is one of the best when working on CAT equipment. :scool:scool

  3. #3GManBart2016-03-31 19:43

    Nice to see someone follow up with a thanks...lots of folks forget to circle back. Very classy move Diesel Dan!

  4. #4Canadian_digger2016-03-31 19:52

    I almost want to buy more cat equipment because you know nige is always here to help with great detail.

  5. #5pp13bnos2016-04-01 09:05

    I can't count how many times he's helped on my little lawn tractor...errr, I mean d3. Thanks Nige!

  6. #6bteigrob2016-04-01 12:22

    Hey I need to get in on this too. Nige is so knowledgeable with Caterpillar equipment and not just that but he is so patient sometimes explaining things. Just a class A guy. Thanks

  7. #7movindirt2016-04-01 14:02

    While I haven't asked many questions per say, I have learned a lot from answers you have given others. Thanks Nige!! :thumbsup

  8. #8tctractors2016-04-01 15:56

    I will admit to often seeking help and ideas from Nigel as he manages to always dig up the little detail that I need to know, he has been top rate to me so thank you Sir for your help. tctractors

  9. #9Queenslander2016-04-01 16:51

    Thanks for your help Nige, much appreciated. If I could change the tone of the thread for just a moment, I was saddened to hear of the passing of your/our little mate yesterday. They don't make comedy like that anymore. ''A cement mixer collided with a prison van on the Kingston by-pass. Motorists are asked to be on the look-out for 16 hardened criminals.''.....

  10. #10thepumpguysc2016-04-01 19:29

    I TOO.. am in aww of his knowledge and most impressive is... his PATIENCE. To take the time to write AND RE-WRITE the most subtle/ obscure/ mundane steps, that we ALL FORGET to tell the other people.. THANK YOU my friend.. it DOES mean ALOT..

  11. #11excavator2016-04-01 20:39

    I to am guilty of not always saying thanks. So, Thanks Nige for all the info you put on this site and especially for what you PM to me.

  12. #12D5GDevo2016-04-09 17:43

    Hey Nige, I've been reading your post and you sound like you really know what u are talking about, and I was wondering if u could give me some advice. I've got a 07 D5G serial # WGB03584. I was running it and it just stopped, parking brake came on and I can't get it to release. No codes, solenoid checked out good(10 Ohms). Replaced the pressure switch on the drive motor. The voltage to the solenoid reads 1.3volt. Got any ideas.

  13. #13kshansen2016-04-09 19:46

    Would be best to start a new thread with a heading that gives a good idea of the problem like: D5G Cat Can't get parking brake to Release Then include the S/N and other information in the body.

  14. #14Dapperdan162016-04-14 20:00

    I had to jump in on this thread, It totally amazes me the amount of knowledge this man has on equipment "especially Cat" he recently just helped me figure out info on the pump drive on my new to me 1983 Cat 225Lc and I can't thank him enough, truly a wealth of knowledge!! Thanks again Nige Danny

  15. #15Twisted2016-04-14 21:02

    +1 Many thanks to Nige and a shout out to tct for the help on my Komatsu tractors. This site wouldn't be the same without you. I can only hope to gain part of the knowledge you have acquired and hopefully pass it on in the future as you have to us. Thank you.

  16. #16willie592016-04-14 22:14

    There are so many members here at HEF that have provided and invaluable service to so many members over the years that deserve note, and Nige is most certainly one of those individuals that has well earned any accolades. I would like to say his participation here is much appreciated. :notworthy