Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Thanks to “thepumpguy”…

LowBoy · 2026-07-04 13:13

I just wanted to publicly thank Mike "the pump guy" for rebuilding the Diesel Kiki injection pump off of my 1990 Bobcat 843/Isuzu 4JB-1 engine. I just got it back running today after a long downtime session with shipping the pump, having it rebuilt, shipping back here and getting it back on the engine. Fired right up, runs like a Swiss clock, and best of all...doesn't leak fuel anymore. I have to admit, when he sent me the pictures of that pump all disassembled on his bench scattered all about with about a thousand parts spread out on a rag, I said "hoo boy, I hope he remembers where all that stuff goes..." But it fired right up instantly and runs great now. Thanks Mike, you're good at what you do. Happy 4th of July and America's 250th!

Replies7
  1. #1Coaldust2026-07-04 16:26

    Mike is a handy guy to have around! He’s got skillz.

  2. #2LowBoy2026-07-06 03:39

    That's for sure. These days, finding anyone to just return your call, email or text is a miracle I'm finding. I return EVERY inquiry I get for my business, the reason why I stay so busy even if I call them back to say I can't get to them for a while, they appreciate the response. Mike was on top of it all from start to finish.

  3. #3crane operator2026-07-06 15:25

    Not all heroes wear capes. @thepumpguysc is one of the best.

  4. #4Mike L2026-07-06 17:52

    Agreed. I sent him a message one day when I was in a pinch and he called me shortly and talked me through my issue. He’s one of the many great resources we have here.

  5. #5Welder Dave2026-07-06 18:18

    He has helped a lot of the forum members. He gave me the part number I needed for a CAV pump kit that had the few parts I needed. They didn't sell the parts separate. Thankfully the kit was only about $70.

  6. #6Joe H2026-07-08 21:51

    He did a Lucas-Cav pump for me ten years ago (?) and it's still starts 1/2 way through the first revolution. Good guy. And not long ago he mentioned on a thread about something NOT to pressure wash the inj pump while the engine was running, would cause it to seize up. Who knew that? Joe H

  7. #7thepumpguysc2026-07-10 22:27

    Thanks fellas..