Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hydraulic motor specing.

IceHole ยท 2026-07-10 23:19

Have a cone wood splitter for skid steer that doesn't have enough torque. It works, but the cone gets stuck and it's a fight. What would have more power, motor wise? This thing spins super fast which I also don't need... I'd guess 500+ rpm where even 200 would be fine I think it's 20 cu in? 6800 in lb Skid steer is 22gpm, 3300 psi max

Replies3
  1. #1Welder Dave2026-07-11 02:02

    Might need something like a skid steer drive motor. High torque low speed. Maybe a gear reduction or chain drive of some sort.

  2. #2Tones2026-07-11 02:25

    Showing the engine rpms may help in the short term. Doubt is 20 cu in, more likely to be cc, 20 ci= 327.74cc which is a big motor. This outfit has all the info you need to workout speeds,flow and pressure on their website You searched for Hydraulic specs - Berendsen berendsen.com.au

  3. #3IceHole2026-07-11 14:38

    Crosses to a Charlynnn 2000. It's 18.6 cu in. 560 ft lbs torque... allegedly. Biggest is 30 cu in, 620 ft/lb