Just thought for people who haven't seen this vid, thats alot of rock breakers.. [video=youtube;nOJ4cAPYcZI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOJ4cAPYcZI[/video] And on my sites we wouldn't be aloud that close.
There has got to be a better way?Big dozer with big ripper,Big excavator with ripper,dyn-o-mite?
Seeing those operators drag the spoil with the points just makes me cringe. I am assuming this is being done in a third world country.
Nothing wrong with pulling loose spoil away from the break area, as long as you know what you are doing. That stuff looks like it could be dug out with a big ex.
My first thoughts when watching are they are breaking up an old runway and have a limited time frame to do it. Airport work has a tight turnaround time and the need to get the old out and rebuild it makes a lot of machinery feasible.
Milling machine would have been a lot quicker and cheaper from what I can see. My comments are only from watching the video so maybe there's a reason for it I don't know.