Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Thats it worth

Old Doug ยท 2018-06-27 21:06

I have been driveing by a AG dealer and he has a case skidsteer on his lot. I didnt have time to stop so i called it is a 1830 but he said it had a case engine so i stoped to look today. It dosent have a case engine. They are selling it for someone they said $5100.00 i said i would give 4500.00. They called the owner and he wants 4700.00. He just spent 700.00 on it and not long ago had alot of work done on the drive train.Its in good shape for its age but that engine is a bummer.

Replies10
  1. #1d9gdon2018-06-27 22:00

    It has a little Cummins in it doesn't it?

  2. #2Birken Vogt2018-06-27 22:13

    Yes, they can have a 3.9 Cummins I noticed. Nothing wrong with one of those.

  3. #3KSSS2018-06-27 23:45

    The 1840 had the 3.9 Cummins. The 1838 had a Kubota if I remember correctly. It was brought out as a cheaper version of an 1840. I believe the 1835 was a gas with a Continental engine. I would not consider anything other than an 1840. The models from 1994 and newer are the most better machines in my view. I have owned 6 of them in the mid 90's to early 2000's.

  4. #4Birken Vogt2018-06-28 00:52

    I just read again, it is an 1830? Gas engine?

  5. #5Old Doug2018-06-28 19:49

    It has a continental/Renalt that are geting hard to find parts for.It about the size machine i am looking for.

  6. #6crane operator2018-06-28 20:58

    I don't know your price range, but I think I'd hold out for a 1845c. Cummins and they are a pretty simple machine to work on. Its just going to be hard to find one for $5,000. I keep thinking it would be handy around the shop to have one, I just haven't found one cheap enough I guess.

  7. #7Old Doug2018-06-28 21:29

    !845c are hard to find for less than 12000.00 i dont know if i need one that bad.I may keep looking and save up some more cash.

  8. #8Old Doug2018-06-29 19:21

    I hauled a load of scrap this morrning i had to drive by the case and before i got there i felt like it was a good ideal to buy it so i drove by and it was still there. I was driveing my truck that has sides and i didnt think i had a chain to tie it down but i found a short chain and used the trucks wench.I think if i dont like it i want loss alot selling it but its alot better than what i had. Now i need forks and a graple bucket

  9. #9Delmer2018-06-29 19:46

    You don't find much of anything in a skid steer for that kind of money. I don't think you'll regret it, unless it causes you grief right away...

  10. #10Old Doug2018-09-02 18:58

    I have had the 1830 a while and have used it alot. Its alot diffrent than the new ones i didnt know if i would get use to it but after i used it some its a good machine. It dosent have the same Quick atach that they all do now some one modified mine so its better. I built a set of forks for it and i will have a grapel bucket some how before long.I dont do alot of dirt work with it witch takes alot of power but it hasnt disapointed me diging for what it is. The only thing that it has a problem with is i junk cars and pickups and it cant lift a 3/4 ton pickup at the rear and move it.Other than that its very handy for loading scrap iron pileing brush and i am going to stack my firewood on pallets were i cut it this will save the work of loading it unloading and stacking it.Its helped me do some jobs that have needed done for years.I want to move the hand throttle its on the left side down low and put it up onthe right side and maybe add a footfeet.