Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

The Adventures of a Boom Truck Driver

redneckchevy9 ยท 2016-09-08 10:27

I was thinking I would just keep adding to this thread of all my daily adventures working @ the lumberyard driving my boom truck. Always different sh*t to haul around for customers. Shingle job yesterday Easy pickin' right after lunch All nice & neat

Replies8
  1. #1ih1002016-09-11 14:36

    Keep them coming, Redneck. good pictures, thanks.

  2. #2Bumpsteer2016-09-11 23:22

    Nice work. People don't appreciate a good boom truck operator...... Ed

  3. #3redneckchevy92016-09-13 16:57

    Monday 9/12/16 Not do much happening.......ground drop a LOAD of shingles for a church here in town. Yes I know, I was really heavy, but it was only 2 blocks away. This was my load that I didn't get till 3pm. So by the time I pulled it & loaded, it was 4. Got to the job site @ 4:30 and grabbed the first piece of rock @ 4:45. It was a kinda late night. 125 - 54"x12'x1/2", 80 - 4'x12'x5/8", & 30 - 4'x8'x1/2" MR. Not the biggest load, but still enough. Please excuse my filthy truck It's been a long couple with lots of rain, muddy job sites & some gravel roads

  4. #4redneckchevy92016-09-13 17:07

    A couple more from the sheetrock delivery

  5. #5redneckchevy92016-09-16 15:51

    Another ho-hum day on this Friday. Been busy @ my desk trying to catch up on some houses I've been drawing up. Had 2 easy booms today. These guys have been having me deliver their OSB like this for a few years now. Putting new sheeting over existing old/original roof sheeting.

  6. #6redneckchevy92016-09-16 16:07

    This was from earlier this summer, but I shows me pickin' some steel panel at an old farmstead that is getting a complete facelift including all the out buildings & farm house.

  7. #7redneckchevy92016-09-16 16:10

    that is an understatement!

  8. #8ih1002016-09-17 10:23

    They do when they've experienced some bad ones....