Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

The cheap Chinese tools what else do they bring?

Fat Dan ยท 2020-02-27 19:10

I went to buy a cam-over stud puller in town. What once use to be a common tool is now called a specialty tool. Drove all over several towns only to finally break down and go the the China store; every town has one like Harbor Freight or Globmaster. Talking to the salesperson I realized the store is looking quit bare, she stated it would be some time before they would be able to restock and that her suppliers were a minimum of two months out before their next shipment from China can even dock because of the Corona virus. Another reason to buy American so I went to Mac tools. Just a thought Thanks for your time.

Replies2
  1. #1Legdoc2020-02-27 20:19

    I agree 100% Dan. I have some HF combo wrenches 1" sockets for temp employees to use "lose". Some are reasonable. Went through 6 HF 1" impacts all junk. All of my personal tools are domestic mostly Snap-on. I look at the country of origin. I just purchased a large number of 1" brass valves and fittings. All Chinese with no local source for domestic. With a little luck this Coronavirus will re-set things and increase awareness for the need to produce goods in the USA and to hell with the chicoms. Temporary employees will have to supply their own hand tools. God bless the USA!

  2. #2old-iron-habit2020-02-27 22:09

    Lots of manufacturing about to shut down in the U.S. due to lack of Chinese parts. Maybe in time some will wise up and bring the stuff back home. It will take some fair taxation to keep it home though.