Hi I've been running equipment in the garbage industry for going on 3 years now. I've got a few thousand hours in different front end loader and a few hundred in different excavators. I've also got a dozen hours here and there in a bobcat and forklift. I'm working an easy job right now making ≈925 a week with 60hrs. I'm 20 with a fiance and want to start a good career with good benefits for our future. It's been hard to find some good information on the pay scale and apprenticeship program for 101 online. Just wondering if any of you guys are from 101 or can give me some advice let me know. Thanks. P.S. I live in Kansas City, KS
Find phone number for union hall and give them a call.
I have left them a message already I was just interested in what anyone in 101 had to say if any of them were here. Thanks though!
I'm not in Local 101 but I can tell you in hiring many hundreds of personnel over the years in all the building trades I never hired anyone ever that never had the gumption to show his face. Might be just me but I would talk to them in person and show my face often. Leaving a message would not even get your name in a file on my projects.
I'm not in 101, but I went through the IUOE apprenticeship program. It's the best decision I ever made. You'll need to call their training center and see when they are taking applications for apprenticeship. Depending on the local they may only do this a few times a year. Go to 101's website and click on the apprenticeship tab and it has the contact info you'll need. The level of training you'll get in that program top notch, and once a member you'll have access to the International training facility in Crosby Tx. I've been there several times and it's unreal the amount of equipment they have there. From the newest cranes, dirt equipment, pipeline, and even drone training. Its completely free to attend for all members. They cover all travel, meals, and have rooms on site. If you get a chance check it out online. The pay and benefits are great, but the IUOE has so much more to offer. If you have any questions about the apprenticeship program feel free to ask. I can do my best to answer them.
I'm not in 101 either but I have been in for 41 years... it's a family tradition and it has been a good living and made a couple thousand good friends.