the link to more photos and video is here... http://adventuresinmikeslife.blogspot.ca/2012/04/coolest-forklift-truck.html
a very interesting and highly unusual piece of kit.Looking at the tow bar this must have been used to take the forklift from A to B, as there is no steering wheel for steering going forward.
Hey Robin, thanks for the comment. Agreed, that's a very unusual. but well done alteration...someones pet project
they were popular with farmers and carnivals. I have seen enough of them to think they were not completely custom but either built by a company somewhere or a kit you could purchase to convert your own. I know where theres a couple sitting in the central valley in farmers fields that still see occasional use.
Hey Dualie...thanks for that info...I've never seen another like it...so I guessed at it being a "one off" mechanic's project
Wow so nice!!! HAhah neat...
I found another "truck/forklift" on a recent trip to the West Coast of Vancouver Island. Meet "Frankie, the Forklift"
Check out the Ezy Fork, would be handy to move between job sites. http://www.ezyfork.com.au/index.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTnGZ37sZqM&feature=related I know I shouldn't laugh at other peoples stuff ups but I am only human.
I seem to recall that Willock trailer built a forklift that was similar to Frankie. I believe it was built on the International truck frame, talk about weird to drive with the steering axle at the back.
You know...the more I think about it..I should sell the idea for "Frankie the Forklift" to the Thomas the Tank Engine people for their TV show. I'm sure that the profits would keep me in beer and potato chips for a while. I think the main reason that I wouldn't... is the fear of sudden fame and fortune....and going through the "fat Elvis period" and dying on the toilet, while eating a cheese and bacon burger.
This is nice stuff:notworthy..hahahahahha. I think You have fond of finding these type of unique things
Man this forklifts are real treasure, it's enough to see them and I have good day Delovi za viljuskare, baterije za viljuskare, pune gume za viljuskare