Well, someone asked me to introduce the fleet, and I was warned about posting to many pics at one time, so I'll do the first three now and the other 5 at a later time. Let's start out with our one-of-a-kind custom truck, Brutus. She's got a 1967 Autocar cab, and that's about the only Autocar part. It's built on an old Crane Carrier I-Beam chassie. A Cat 3408E motor for power with a 14speed Spicer trans., and an additional auxiliary transmission. The big front axle we believe came out of an old Euclid truck. Planetary rears complete this monster and it is almost always hooked to the big 125 ton beam. I'm honored to have my name on the passanger door. :Cowboy Second, we have our 1990's model Kenworth C500 ( # 35 ). It has a Cat 3406 425hp motor and an 8 speed fuller trans. She's got 70,000 pound rears.This truck is normally hooked to our Wobble Wheel or 75 ton 10 foot wide dropside. Third is our 1987 Kenworth T800 tri-axle ( # 85 ). This truck as a Cat 3406 425hp as well with an 18 speed eaton fuller trans. Got 52K rears and leaf suspension. It's commonly ( if not always ) hooked to our 85 ton dropside or beam when we have it in.
Nice pics as always Danny, but what's this "too many pictures" warning you refer to? I mean sure you can only do 5 at a time, but if my memory serves me correctly, as long as there is a story or explaination, you couldn't post too many... cause there would be quite a few of us on thin ice if that were the case :notworthy
Very nice pics and awesome trucks! Can't wait to see more:drinkup
Danny Good to see you, and don't let anyone fill your head with nonsense about too many pictures. We are always glad to see your heavy haulers in action.
i myself have hade a case of post-ites in the past danny post away bro :drinkup
Well in that case, thanks alot guys ! I'll have the rest of the fleet up later, I've got some homework to do first...
what a beautiful Autocar. What kind and how big of crane on the trailer? Looks like a Manitowac?
Are those stock headlights on the Autocar or are they from a Pete? That's some truck!
more please,
well done,Sir! well done.
Hmmmmmmmmmm.....I'm pretty sure I posted in here last evening....???
Thanks for the comments guys. Steve, Brutus does indeed have headlights from an older Pete 357. The load is a Manitowoc 4100 with the main weight still on, rated somewhere near 112 tons. We have moved them with full weights ( weighing around 175 ton ), but only for short distances. Nedly05, I thought you posted in my video topic ? Sorry for the confusion.
:notworthyThought it was a 4100.
Fleet Continued Here's the rest guys... Our latest edition, a Peterbilt 379 ( # 124 ) with Cat 625HP C16 (?) under the hood. 18 speed transmission with two-speed 55K rears. Air-ride suspension is this trucks weakness. Smaller Pete 379 ( # 115 ) and KW W900 ( # 105 ) both with 550 Cat's. KW has a 10 speed and Pete has an 8. Both trucks have 44K rears and air-ride suspension. Mack Superliner ( # 55 ) with a Cat 3406 rated at 425 with a 12 speed ( I believe ), 48K rears and Mack suspension.
Super cool. Well done.
What happen to that old DM800 ?
The old DM800 ( the ex. W.J. Casey rig ) was sold and went overseas sometime in the early 90's. I'm not old enough to remember this truck, but I've seen tons of pictures of it and one day I'll get around to scanning them....
very nice trucks
superliner with a cat thats nice man would love to drive that
nice heavy haul trucks