Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

The less ultimate loader question then.

Sberry ยท 2020-12-31 17:06

Ok, I wanna post a link to a couple of loaders but if you were to go looking for something modest to do a few farm chores and a little snow removal what is something you would be looking for? I see some really nice iron not all that much North of 10 or 15k. Some got nice paint.

Replies11
  1. #1Sberry2020-12-31 17:17

    I was looking in the 100 go range, 3 yard. Looks like they weigh 20k whick is not oversize. I was looking at 515B looks great, has good tires, not a mess and they simply moved up to a new bigger unit. I have a little dozer I use occasionally. Real utility. I was going to fix the tracks but I gonna see how long they will last. Can buy new assembled links for same money as pin and bushings.

  2. #2Sberry2020-12-31 17:52

    I was getting started in a search for a couple things and see what comes up. The little Mack has served it's purpose and would like to get a bigger better newer, this smokes and is just too old to do business with. For farm utility it's not bad. Short wheelbase and so easy girls and old ladies could drive it. I want tandem which would cost a bit more to drive but could get trailer.

  3. #3Sberry2021-01-13 18:10

    Okie dokie. We got a 515B Dresser International in pretty nice shape cept for bucket pins and need to dix the cutting edge. It aint new but its been pretty well taken care of, aint all beat up, guy was using it some and everything works. Cab is a little rusty but its rather irrelevent, its got heat. I might have to work on brakes a little but doubt its a deal breaker, came with a service manual. I will get a pic, have it in and washed up for the pin repair.

  4. #4Sberry2021-01-13 18:52

    I could use a bushing in the dipper arm and a pin and bush in one side of the bucket. The bush is long gone on the loader arm of the other side and I could probably refinish it in a more exact fashion looks I could Weld in a chunk of 2 inch heavy wall split open just a fuzz for a worn pin. The original grease was thru the pin in the loader arm but could line up a full length galley with a cut to grease it along the full length of the pin. Pics shortly.

  5. #5Sberry2021-01-13 18:54

    Oh,,, I see John Deere has some A&I I think it is, do dealers have this for the 515 and I havnt had a chance to really look but do they have online parts for thios sort of thing? Back in the day we job shop repaired all this but parts are different today, so easy to order the correct thing.

  6. #6Sberry2021-01-14 00:22

    I wanna see how pics work from phone. View attachment 231942 View attachment 231942

  7. #7Sberry2021-01-14 00:24

    I wanna see how pics work from phone. View attachment 231942 View attachment 231942 View attachment 231943

  8. #8Sberry2021-01-14 00:26

    2 more

  9. #9Sberry2021-01-14 00:42
  10. #10Sberry2021-01-14 00:43

    It don't take long and they find out it's work.

  11. #11DB22021-01-14 05:30

    The Mack sure is clean. Kudos for keeping it in such good condition. The Dresser should serve you well.