Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

The most frequently used forklifts model or configurations are ?

lonkinggroup ยท 2012-05-28 04:59

I have saw a lot of forklifts, diesel ones, electric ones and LPG ones. In the sea of forklifts, how do you decide which one is the perfect one for you ? Are there some configurations that are mostly welcomed in the market ? Or the mainstream configurations?

Replies6
  1. #1icestationzebra2012-05-29 22:34

    From what I know... NA - most common is cushion tire fuel: LPG, electric, diesel, gas EU - most common is pneumatic tire fuel: diesel, electric, LPG, gas NA/EU capacity: the most common size is 2-3.5t There is a significant amount of customization though. It is economically advantageous to customize for top 1/3 to 1/2 customers. ISZ

  2. #2Dualie2012-06-02 05:06

    best units for me are LPG, 6Klb+ pneumatic tire, 3 stage mast, 6'-7- forks with positioners and side shift. My second most useful unit is a 15K riggers type lift with tall counterweights solid tires 3 stage short mast 6' forks three stage low mast with side shift and fork positioning. third is a 40K Taylor monster with 2 stage mast, pneumatic tires, diesel, also with full fork positioning. and 8' forks

  3. #3lonkinggroup2012-06-03 22:55

    According to the product manager of our company, the most popular forklifts are the 2.5-3.5 tons diesel forklifts, and tyres are pneumatic ones.

  4. #4Dualie2012-06-04 22:35

    diesel forklifts are a very niche market here

  5. #5jeanschmidth2012-06-05 06:28

    I guess hyster forklift parts and Nissan forklift are now a competition in the market with Clark forklifts and heli forklifts.

  6. #6sparker102012-06-27 10:43

    Really it depends on the forklifts usage and where you are going to use it. For example I personally prefer to use electric ones indoors and only use diesel ones outside. I feel electric ones have more control and are easier to navigate - again another advantage to using it indoors where precision movement is essential.