Hi Guys, In case you haven't seen it, here is the new Coronado SD from Freightliner, it replaces the FLD120SD. I think it looks pretty cool, I'm not sure about the headlights though... There is an axle forward, and a set-back axle version.
is that the only color it comes in...lol http://www.freightlinertrucks.com/trucks/find-by-model/coronado/
It sure resembles a Western Star.
them ole western stars.... in the mid 70's, were about the only dump truck seen around here... must have had one hell of a salesman...
Not familiar with States side trucks, so i am curious about those smallish wheels hung in the middle of the truck that dont seem to fit anywhere, what are they for? But other than that, it looks sharp, unfortunatelly almost none to be found on this side of pond, as they dont fit in the rules for the total lenght of the truck+trailer.
Those extra wheels are on an air activated suspension and carry a portion of the load when the truck is loaded. It makes the truck meet maximum axle loads.
I wonder if that's why they bought out western star a while back? Well acually they're both owned by Daimler Trucks North America LLC.