Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

The Old Sawmill In Action, Video

TozziWelding ยท 2012-11-14 16:45

I was doing some work for the guys at the local sawmill and got a video of the head saw in action. It is an old school Murphy Diesel powered beast. All belts and levers, and a guy that knows what he is doing running it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUxoT1Y3VYA&feature=g-upl

Replies4
  1. #1TozziWelding2012-11-14 17:05

    I posted in the wrong forum, was going for old iron

  2. #2maddog2012-11-15 08:23

    Thanks for sharen, would have been interesting to watch

  3. #3mitch5042012-11-15 10:45

    Thanks for the nostalgia, back in the early '90s I had a 00 ***** w/ a 56" headsaw. I ran mine w/ a 1961 Thermodyne Mack engine and trans. out of a B-model. They had a sweet setup, w/ the hyd turner, and the outfeed conveyor, and the edger right there.

  4. #4TozziWelding2012-11-15 12:12

    I will get a video of the planer, also run off of another Murphy Diesel. This place is great, good bunch of guys with all kinds of neat stuff.