Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

The Return

Burnout ยท 2008-09-22 23:25

So... again with the hiatus from picture posting... but here I go once again. I promised some 385 pics.... and 657 pics... well here they are. How many 385's do you need on one jobsite putting pipe in the ground? How about 2 385's and a 750 Deere?

Replies40
  1. #1Burnout2008-09-22 23:30

    So... now our cute little WA450 Komatsu with the sand snout. Most of our guys hate them, but there are one or 2 guys who actually like those pieces of crap. And our little 330.... cute little machine. And a preview for the next pictures.....

  2. #2312King2008-09-22 23:32

    sweet pics keep them coming

  3. #3Burnout2008-09-22 23:33

    So.... got your interest piqued yet? How many 657's do you need on one industrial park? 2... maybe 3? how about 31 of them?

  4. #4Burnout2008-09-22 23:35

    So what kind of dozer do you need to help push 657's around? a D10 right? nahhh that'd be too reliable for us. So we use a 475 Komatsu.

  5. #5Burnout2008-09-22 23:38

    Ok.... now for some videos. Foolin around on a 450 Hitachi at Ritchie Brothers. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkHCyqX9PtI And foolin around with a 977L http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyoSAYsosBw the all mighty 710 Cam.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXtfoCc7k3c And the 385 digging services.... like Gene says in the commercial, Pimpin ain't easy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8bGrsy2P6c

  6. #6312King2008-09-23 00:02

    Man for much equipment as you guys have your stuff is pretty straight. Companys that big around here dont even compar.

  7. #7RollOver Pete2008-09-23 02:40

    If I could only make 10% of what you guys spend on fuel feeding all of that equipment, I'd retire tomorrow.

  8. #8WColtharp2008-09-23 03:31

    That's some well kept equipment! I have a question about that scoop, what is it exactly? I don't believe I have ever seen a wheel loader with one on it. Great pics!

  9. #9Burnout2008-09-23 07:21

    The scoop on the 450 is a snout, we have some other names for it, but they aren't family oriented if you know what I mean. It's basically a piece of pipe with the hole on the end. You drive into the sand pile, fill it up and then dump it into an excavator bucket. We sand pipe only with the excavators. It's a way of dumping into an excavator bucket with no spillage over the sides. And I have 2 more videos. 1 is of me in the 973, the other is cruising that big scraper job. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck10aGq_wp0 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYkPf1UN9MQ

  10. #10dirt digger2008-09-23 09:25

    that some chicks panties hanging from your rear view? that is some awesome iron, wish the company i worked for was that big sometimes...but then again i enjoy going to different jobs every few days

  11. #11tonka2008-09-23 15:13

    yea me to:notworthy sure looks like it to me.................:beatsme

  12. #12Burnout2008-09-23 20:16

    I was kinda hoping you wouldn't notice that. I forgot to peel em outta there from saturday night. But yeah thats what they are.... I am a real classy guy... honestly I am. I will have you know though... they are at least theo's... and their warshed.

  13. #13dirt digger2008-09-23 20:48

    haha well it takes a keen eye to notice that these types of things

  14. #14qball2008-09-23 22:08

    burnoet, three words, outlaw scraper racing.

  15. #15Burnout2008-09-23 23:44

    Sadly.... it's happened.. as well as rock truck outlaw racing, bulldozer out law racing, 710 outlaw racing..... and excavator arm wrestling... but between a 385 and a 375. Usually the scraper outlaw racing is between 627B's. We have a couple guys that are always racing around site.... which is why they have 627B's instead of 627G's.

  16. #16hitch2008-09-24 08:21

    Really nice pics Alex, thanks for sharing! Hope these fantastic photoes will continue.......

  17. #17knucklehead982008-09-24 21:07

    You guys really know how to throw party up there don't ya:notworthy:drinkup:cool2

  18. #18Burnout2008-09-24 21:54

    How do you think the underwear got in the Jeep? You know what they say.....Blade around with your pants down!

  19. #19knucklehead982008-09-24 22:08

    Hadn't thought of that. I sure do miss it though. I am trying to get a year in underground right now. It is not helping that they have a D-9 opening posted at work. Hopefully all of these pics that are posted on this site will keep me sane for the next 11 months. Anyhow, thanks for the great pics and videos. Heath

  20. #20Burnout2008-09-24 22:44

    We are backfilling underground sewer and water on our new site with my 973C, D9N and a D10R......... I took a video today of me and the 10R workin together. He pushed dirt in and across.... I level out and make it pretty. Oddly enough.... he isn't pushing fast enough for me to stay busy.

  21. #21JDOFMEMI2008-09-25 21:31

    So now I know where all the missing 657E's went. Rumor has it here in SoCal, the scraper capital of the world, that between 40 to 60 percent of the scrapers have gone out of the area, ore worse, cut up for scrap. On another note, can you slip in a picture of the compactor in the background of the picture with the Komatsu dozer? It looks from a distance like a custom made from an 834B converted to steel wheels. Is that the case? Thanks for the great job pics.

  22. #22Burnout2008-09-25 22:43

    It's an older than dirt 836. I have a few pictures of it. I will post er up here. Was this the packer? or the second one?

  23. #23Burnout2008-09-25 22:47

    Ok, so when I loaded up the pic of the 836.... I added a couple extras with it. I have a thing with the D10.... she's a sexy beastly thing.

  24. #24Burnout2008-09-25 22:51

    Ok.... so I'm cruisin down the highway and what do I see... a 973C on a float trailer, heck it looks a lot like mine... Wait... it is mine. And Our 826 on our site.... what a contraption. And lastly a shot from in the cab of the 475 Komatsu. The 4th pic... I added it for a reason, I just don't remember the picture.

  25. #25fireman0502008-09-26 01:37

    great pics

  26. #26Dert-T2008-09-26 21:25

    Nice pics, thanks for postin them for us. You don't have any shots of that lube truck beside the 375 you'd be willing to post, would you ? Looks like a really nice rig....T800 ?

  27. #27D5G2008-09-27 00:28

    great pics burnout, keep em commin!!

  28. #28LowBoy2008-09-27 06:01

    You gotta admit, Burnout's outfit knows how to move dirt in short order.:yup

  29. #29Burnout2008-09-27 13:11

    That we do, while i'm not a scraper guy, there is something pretty cool about 28 657's all working at once on one site. Yes the service truck is a T800, we have 2 of them, and a bunch of Mack's and some bigger K Whoppers. I have a pic somewhere.

  30. #30cat 3852008-09-27 19:55

    is the snout more efficient than a bedding box?I've never seen one of those, loading the corner of the loader bucket would be about the same but u would still spill a little ,just wondering?:beatsme

  31. #31Burnout2008-09-27 20:08

    We use sand boxes or Miser boxes as everyone calls them here. The sandbox is usually just for the side hoe. We use the spoon a lot if the main hoe has to do some sanding, or if the side hoe wants washed rock then the snout gets used. Most of our loader operators just load the corner of the bucket, although for some reason I have noticed most of them go in for a full bucket anyways. When your dumping into a 330's bucket with a WA450 or a 966 you waste most of the bucket on the ground. The snout is also handy for picking up pipe, small objects, and it makes a good poker. One of our loader operators has had his 966F since it was new. It's creeping up around 20k hrs on it now. He has 2 buckets, 1 with teeth one with a smooth cutting edge, 3 sets of forks, 1 wide, 1 narrow and a hydraulic set, a snout and a jib boom for setting pipe, manholes etc. Everyone keeps tellin us track loader guys we're getting quick couplers as well, so we can help out in the frenzy, but to us... tis a nightmare. We don't need more to do.

  32. #32cat 3852008-09-27 20:14

    oh yep my bad,i did'nt notice that was a 330,oops i was focused on the snout i guess im getting use to all your pictures of the big girls

  33. #33Burnout2008-09-27 21:13

    Yeah, you must be size de-sensitized like I am then. Most companies a 330 is a big machine, for us its tiny. Most guys would give their left nut to run a 330C or D, and with us..... its a machine that will spend most of its life sanding pipe.

  34. #34WColtharp2008-09-27 21:21

    Your jeep is looking good!

  35. #35Burnout2008-09-28 00:01

    Ha ha... she just got washed again today. I put my hard top back on for the winter. It looks good until you get up close, and then notice it's had the livin crap kicked out of it. My buddy thought my jeep had been keyed it looks so bad when its clean. I don't even have a 1sq ft patch of paint without some type of damage on it.

  36. #36LowBoy2008-09-28 07:49

    I'd imagine if you were sitting up on a knob watching 28 scrapers running, it would look like a bunch of insects working to build a nest. Just goes to show how to seperate the men from the boys when you've got the right tools to work with.:usa

  37. #37Burnout2008-09-28 12:43

    Yeah but if you wanted to talk earthmoving, we are one of the boys. Sureway is a young company, and we are a fair bit smaller than some of the big buys such as Kiewit, Flat Iron, McAnnich and the others out there. The funny part is... we have more 657's than anybody. Our scrapers run in the 700 series for unit numbers. The 27's run 700-750 and some of the new G's are taking over the lower 700's as we replace our B's. But the 57's are now creeping up in the 800's. Sureway likes moving dirt with scrapers.

  38. #38LowBoy2008-09-28 13:03

    Being young and that big makes me want to be a fly on the wall in the office someday, to see where that kind of financing originates. Especially in this day and age.

  39. #39Burnout2008-09-28 15:52

    When I say young... i mean relatively. This year was the 35th anniversary. Financing.... well I have been told by many that we don't finance. I have been told that everything is paid for in full when they buy it. We are in an ecnomonic boom up here. A lot of our bread and butter work goes to Inland and Lafarge. We strip in their gravel pits around here, we also do some stripping at the coal mines, and highway work. This year has been a fairly slow year for us, it hasn't been bad but it is definately not last year. So far all they have bought is 13 657's, 2 PC 1250's, 2 973C's, 2 385's, a PC270 and PC228, D8T, D10R, 2 D155's, 12 740E Ejectors and a WA600 out at the pit. There has been some other equipment at ritchie brothers, but I haven't heard of much else. Sounds like they bought a lot, but it's nothing compared to last year. Being a fly on the wall in the office would be interesting.

  40. #40MKTEF2008-09-28 16:06

    Surtenly a good way of buying things... If u don't get the right payment for the jobs, you don't need to take em. Send the guy's home, and u don't have any huge costs rolling. And the firm is still worth a lot of money because of all the equipment.(paid in fully) And as you say here, they buy new stuff after how much they earn each year. A big year means big$ to buy new equipment. If only all firms would do things that way!