Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

The Texas Construction Business Climate

RBMcCloskey ยท 2014-06-05 21:33

I am considering leaving the Peoples Republic of New Jersey and move myself (Conservative), the dogs (Spring Spaniels), and the company to the great state of Texas, Ft. Worth area. Any insights, advise and opinions are welcome. My back round is Heavy/Highway, Underground Utilities, Rock Drilling & Blasting and Site Development.

Replies2
  1. #1mowingman2014-06-05 22:13

    Come on down. You will not have any trouble finding all the work you can handle. Every company I work with in the construction business, is backlogged with jobs and more people calling every day. Welcome to the great state of Texas.

  2. #2Mike L2014-06-06 17:27

    I came down a little more than a year ago. Was self employed back in Maine and got a great job offer in south Texas. Texas welcomed me with open arms. Plenty of opportunity, good hard working people, no state income tax, cheaper vehicle registration, cheaper cost of living all together. I'm a field mechanic for a construction company in the oil fields and there is a major shortage of good help down here. My only complaint is the heat. I got that thick Yankee blood and July and August are hard on a northern boy!