I have to say I’ve owned cat, case, and now a Takeuchi skidsteer and by far Takeuchi is the worst brand by far when it comes to detailed diagrams. I feel like my 1984 case backhoe came with a better service manual. Anyone know of something better than factory manuals for these things. Had a wire harness burn out and melt a bunch of wires. Need to reword this thing and would like to find something that is legible
Sorry I can't help on the Tak but I found the same problem on other Japanese machines... very difficult to follow. On the flip side, at least on the komatsu each harness number is available although their naming conventions suck. They weren't too expensive either... might make sense to just buy a replacement. Alternately, If the connectors on both ends are ok, you can point to point it yourself if you can separate and identify each copper wire.
More electrical stuff, more wires, more connectors and components. Maybe a hundred different wires and circuits all working in digital domain requiring more special tools, computers and software. Next, the manufacturers put all that information on a schematic that covers a three page fold out with 8 point print that has to be viewed with a magnifying glass and something sharp to trace out the lines and determine the locations of all the connections and components. In some cases part numbers are only found on the schematic. I don't think of them as better or worse anymore. They all suck! I've posited this before, why can't they make a digital schematic that works like a road map program. Pick a wire and it highlights from one end to the next in the schematic.
Man you are speaking words I was thinking. Why can’t they have some sort of digital file you can zoom on at least. I took the manual and made it a 6-page fold out but trying to decipher the line codes in becoming an almost impossible task. I thought about trying to get a new harness but seems Tak changed our harness a few times and mine is not available from them.
First, you didn't say which Takeuchi. That would help. 2ndly, they, or if I have it, can send you a digital copy that you can zoom and expand. Below is one for a TL150.
Sorry Yea I have a TL150 s#21500097 thank you.
Sorry, dont have that one. Have you called Takeuchi in Atlanta and asked for one? That's how I got mine.