Curious about advantages/disadvantages to thermoplastic hydraulic hose? I bought a parker minikrimp hose crimping machine and it came with dies for -4,-6, and -8 HR2C Parflex hose. I bought it to replace hoses on my mini x's, bobcat, tractor, etc, instead of always having to ride the rape wagon to the hose shop. Is the thermoplastic hose cheaper or more expensive? Better or worse performance/reliability?
Some may scoff at it, but thermoplastic hose is actually very good hose. Many if not most aerial lifts use it, especially bucket trucks that have insulated booms that use non-conductive thermo hose. We have a very old 60 ft Genie lift with over 8000 hrs and still has some of the original thermo hose on it. Only thing you have to watch out for with thermo hose is tight bends, it will kink where wire braid hose doesn't.
Welding sparks are especially attracted to thermoplastic hose. Advantages and disadvantages of both. Each has their place. Get both. You’ll come to appreciate the minikrimp. I like mine.
I never had much luck with parflex hose and backhoes and unfortunately the animals love those damn hoses.