Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Tri axle tire size

blackesv ยท 2024-12-17 19:27

Hi I have a tri axle that on the door it says that my front tire should be 2011 x 24.5 and my two rear axle should be 11 x24.5 and nothing about my tag axle when I bought the truck recently I had 22.5s in the front but I think they were 285x22.5 and my tag axles were 11x22.5 in my rear two axles were 11x24.5 so my question is is that a good combination also can I run 11x22.5 on the whole truck or can I DOT get me in trouble he's on the door says 24.5 thank you

Replies1
  1. #1Welder Dave2024-12-18 03:15

    I think it depends more on the weight you're carrying or licensed for. I was told they generally go by the tires weight ratings to see if you're legal. Also what you have the truck registered for.