Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Thinking bout track hoe

coondog13 ยท 2018-10-22 21:07

hello all! Been thinking bout buying an excavator. I've bought lil over 100 acres and has 30-40 clear cut in 3 diff areas. The forth area they left a lot of 12-24" diameter trees mostly oak, hickory and poplar so I know the stumps there are a lot of those trees. The other areas had a lot of cedars I think and there is a lot of 10 foot or so poplar suckers sticking up a lot of places. I can't see a ton of stumps yet cuz it's a lot of weeds, really small brush trees and a lot of blackberry briars so I'm waiting on late fall for stuff to die down. Anyways I'm needing to make this pasture which I thought bout renting a skidsteer and forestry mulcher for all the small stuff but I'm thinking a hoe is really a must for stumps. I'd eventually prolly not want to but need to sell it. There are 3 in the area I've seen lately. One is a kobelco sk120 i tried to look at Sunday but someone else was suppose to look at it and didn't show. Unknown hours guessing the led screen is out. Guy said great undercarriage and it in a chert pit, he bought the hoe to get the pit. Manual thumb 16000 on Craigslist. Second is a guy I met today boss is selling a Samsung se130 lcm-2 with hydro thumb. I looked at it today where it was on job locked up looked like 4951 hours through window. Guy that runs it said it prolly be fine for farm machine. 2 main boom cylinders leak he thinks his boss has bought the seals and thinks he priced it to someone for 17000. Last is a smaller machine case 9007b. I know bigger is better for stumps. Says needs undercarriage and he has new idler and piston I guess he means track tensioner. The track is off one side already said he bought it needing everything got sick over summer and is trying to make up for lost work time. He didn't know hours off hand. It's on Craigslist $7850. Sorry for the long post thanks for any help and opinions!

Replies2
  1. #1Wilson8922018-10-23 20:13

    I

  2. #2Jakex1202018-10-23 22:17

    I say find you a 20-30,000 lb machine...a max of 6,000 hrs unless there is records rebuilt cylinders and undercarriage, etc