Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi 240-3 VS Cat 323DL

Whishy ยท 2018-10-23 05:44

Hi Guys, I'm on the market for an excavator and there are two I have my eye on. 1. Hitachi ZX 240-3 - 6400hrs - 2013 2. Cat 323DL - 2012 - 7800hrs I like both machines, both feel and operate great. However, I would just love to see what others thought in comparison with these two machines. In other words, I cant choose and need some guidance. General use like loading trucks from stockpile, trimming batters and trenching. Would appreciate any assistance.

Replies2
  1. #1Vetech632018-10-23 07:26

    I only repair equipment, but if I were you I would get price and AVAILIBILITY on a few selected parts ( radiator, oil cooler, cab glass, ignition switch, etc.....) The choice usually becomes obvious.

  2. #2John C.2018-10-28 10:54

    I would add pumps and engines to that list of items. A cab shell might also be hard to find.