Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Third valve install on Komatsu WA320-7

Shimmy1 ยท 2024-11-28 13:32

We finished the install yesterday. I figured I'd post some info in case anyone is looking in the future. All in all, it wasn't too bad. Hardest part was getting the lines loose from the valve body. Bleeding the accumulator pressure is a must, there is a procedure you can get from Komatsu, I'll post a pic. The valve stack is a very heavy chunk of iron, we pulled it out and installed the valve slice on the bench. Getting it back in was not fun, especially after our rigging slipped and it had to be manhandled from the top of the axle to the perch. Only thing really of note is the book says to place washers under the nuts that hold the stacks together. The studs are barely long enough to reach through the nut without the washer. In the process of torquing them down, one of the studs stripped, and we had to get another. Left the washers out, and it was fine. You do need to access the service screen in the monitor to turn on the 3rd valve, it's under "default", and then into the configuration menu on the main screen and set your attachment flow. I saved about $5000 in labor by installing it ourselves, the kit was $6700 for parts only.

Replies14
  1. #1jpeterson2024-12-09 13:28

    Hi Shimmy, Was the third valve for the quick attachment or to run an attachment that needs hydraulics? Looking for a loader but we use a rollout bucket so we need third valve. The Komatsu dealer just told me it is like $20,000 to add because you have to go all the way back to the pump and take off the cab.

  2. #2Shimmy12024-12-09 13:42

    What loader? -?

  3. #3jpeterson2024-12-09 15:59

    WA320-8

  4. #4colson042024-12-09 17:40

    Any pictures? I understand if there aren't any, I tend to forget I have a camera in my pocket until long after the job is finished. I rarely get in progress pictures unless so.ething prompts me to do it.

  5. #5jpeterson2024-12-09 17:51

    Yes, some pictures would be great!

  6. #6Shimmy12024-12-09 19:21

    I find that impossible to believe since the kit for my -7 was $6700 with tax, and we put in on in 2 days. No pictures, sorry. It was completely and utterly unremarkable. Hardest part really was getting the lines broke loose, and getting the complete valve block assembly back in.

  7. #7jpeterson2024-12-09 20:19

    Do you have the part number or the dealer contact that sold you the parts? I am also looking at a -7 so might just go with that.

  8. #8Shimmy12024-12-09 20:29

    I can get it tomorrow.

  9. #9jpeterson2024-12-12 09:40

    Hey were you able to get the information? Thanks

  10. #10Shimmy12024-12-12 20:59

    Damn. Sorry. Been trucking the last few days. I'll see what I can do tomorrow.

  11. #11jpeterson2024-12-16 11:08

    Hey, Where you able to get that information on the valve? The dealer is not being very helpful.

  12. #12Shimmy12024-12-16 14:33

    PMed you.

  13. #13Shimmy12024-12-18 13:19

    I have some info. Did you get my PM?

  14. #14Jnocano2025-10-15 10:25

    Hi! I would appreciate if you could share me also. Thank you in advance !