Visibility isn't great but I bet its strong enough!! Brakes are still smushy, but that's a weak pilot/brake pump. Next goal is to rebore the lower center pin.
Uh...........yeah. .You will want chains. That pig will go down hill in a most frightening way, without a very steep hill. Might squish a Prius or two without ever knowing you did. Willie
That's an interesting rigging arrangement you have there.
what's frightening about not knowing a prius was there, they'll find it in the spring and it won't have yellow paint on it.
the angles on the lashing chains were the worst for strength, but they were 1/2 inch chains. That 644 has a penchant for snapping 3/8 transport chains without even trying.
Any time a chain gets under 45 degrees you have to derate them because of the mechanical advantage of the load. If for example if you hook a chain on each end of a pipe and have it stretched almost flat it will be able to pick only 1/10 of the load that it is rated for if they were at 45 degrees or steeper. We used to pull cars out when stuck in the snow or spring mud by stretching a chain out close to 50 ft, hooking one end to a tree, and pulling sideways by hand in the middle.
I have to set some containers myself in a week or two. Two 40 footers, I'll be able two lift from underneath with forks. Access is restricted for another two 20 footers, so can only lift from an end. Iam hoping I'll have enough reach, and grunt, to lift from above with a jib on the loader.
Well depending on your loader's breakout force, I think a 20' box weighs 6000 pounds, so that'd put the CG 10' away from the forks, the 644 is 37,000 pounds breakout force at the cutting edge which is about 4' ahead of the pins. If I move the measurement point from 4' to 14' (even though it would slide into the bucket) I should be able to divide my breakout by 3.5 so call it 10,000 pounds at 14' quite a bit more than 6000 pounds. In theory I could end pick it easily if I have enough counterweight. you'll have to do your own math, convert to cubits, kangaroos and fignewtons.
Rutland VT 20 miles from me there is a jug handle to turn left by first turning right. I'm not sure why, it gets plowed with all the snow to the outside. In a heavy snow winter it forms into a bowl. Several years ago, we later surmised, two guys in a car went at high speed across the bowl during a snow storm in the middle of the night. They launched over the snow bank, landing in a hole along the side of Cold River. Any other night of the year the tracks left would have caused someone to investigate. In a storm, the next municipal plow obliterated the tracks. Two months later the snow banks melted. There for all to see were two dead men in a car about 50 feet from city traffic. It is still unclear to me why no one missed these two people. There had been no search, no missing person's report. I'd guess some undelivered mail was returned, but nobody troubled themselves to question where these people went. Willie
Can you find on internet a cross equation for kangaroos, and fig newton's. I do cubits all day. Two cubits = 1 pace= 1 yard=3 feet. Willie
That's almost as scary as the car that had been buried in snow for months, a couple tickets on the windshield and after three months it was getting towed away, nobody before the tow guy noticed the dead owner behind the wheel.
Completed my container setting job this afternoon. Was able to easily lift the 20 footers from above.
Outstanding and a nice looking cat!