Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

This is what i call “Flotation tires”!

equipment fan ยท 2007-05-22 08:06

Hi guys:notworthy ,just find this on the website of my local case/takeuchi/link-belt dealer.It`s a brand new 2007 case 580 super m backhoe with big flotation tires.ENJOY!

Replies10
  1. #1CT18fireman2007-05-22 10:21

    Looks like the rears sre going to rub.

  2. #2mflah872007-05-22 21:47

    yup i was going to say the same thing. how much you think those cost?

  3. #3OKYLE2007-05-22 21:56

    those wheels ARE rubbing. i dont even see a gap on em, seems silly... should put em on the front and back, so we can float the backhoes down the river, like mobile barges....

  4. #4wrenchbender2007-05-22 22:27

    I think that's Lashlander's gig:lmao BTW I like them big ole honking tires seam to fit just right

  5. #5Ford LT-90002007-05-23 02:08

    I can't see that being legal for roading down the road. It looks like the tires are rubbing the fender. I can see that set up being good for working in farmers fields doing drainage etc.

  6. #6ThayerDrilling2007-05-25 23:10

    I wonder where they would actually use this......a river?? I dont even think the stabilizers would make a difference with tires being that wide:notworthy

  7. #7digger242j2007-05-26 05:48

    Good point. Any underfoot conditions that would require tires that wide, the stabilizers would sink right into anyway. (Still, I agree with Wrenchbender. I like it. )

  8. #8mackdj2007-07-14 13:16

    Does it come with a cooler full of beer so you can enjoy the float down the river? :drinkup

  9. #9buckeye backhoe2008-04-28 23:56

    I need a set of those tires for mine, its stuck in the mud alot!

  10. #10CatYelloBlooded2008-04-29 10:34

    That can't run down the road surely, Those tires look like they are against the frame. My guess is that's an Anniverserary edition set up for looks.