This week I'm on loan to the sub contractor we have in a few of our quarries to make rip rap. This particular location is not technically our quarry, it's a granite slab (dimensional stone) quarry and we bought their waste piles off them to sell as rip rap, etc. The quarries got a couple old Cat 992b's with quick couplers and a hitachi ex1100 for moving slabs around, etc. Those 92's are loud as hell, but at least one of them is still running. Our rip rap guys have a couple of Link Belt 330lx's, one with a grapple and one with a hammer. They are a little... ummm worse for wear ointhead This is my ride for the week. A Link Belt 330lx with a grapple and 6300+ hours on it. I will point out right now, that I have not put any of the scratches or dents on it, and will do my best to make sure not to add to it:Banghead:beatsme:ban enjoy
well....its sure seen better days...but it pays the bills! do you got A/C in that old girl?
Only 6300 hours? Are you saying it is used up at 6300 hours??? Do you mean cosmetically or mechanically?
hahahaha...that looks like....fun
FUN.......heck that looks like WORK! LOL!
its about time he did some...HAHA...sitting in the quarry all day sure isn't working
Our rip rap guys have a couple of Link Belt 330lx's, one with a grapple and one with a hammer. They are a little... ummm worse for wear ointhead This is my ride for the week. A Link Belt 330lx with a grapple and 6300+ hours on it. I will point out right now, that I have not put any of the scratches or dents on it, and will do my best to make sure not to add to it:Banghead:beatsme:ban enjoy Looks like those glorified Sumitomo's have been "rode hard & put up wet". How's the EX1100 Hitachi?? Looks like a rock eatin monster.
Yeah anything that spends its life in a rock quarry is bound to be rough, that and its always go go go, if it works at all its not broke. Just moved my PC220 to one of our quarries to make some rip rap for the week, that and a WA420 will be my machines. Trbo
Yeah the AC does work... technically. Course the front window is a mess, so I end up having to run with it open all day Yeah yeah some of us have to work for a living ya know, not just sit in a cubicle "working":stirthepot:drinkup Yeah I know rock quarries are hard on equipment, but I still don't get how a machine can get that beat. Guess I'm just spoiled from our equipment :usa
I'll agree, only machines we have that look like that at all are over 25 years old and have only ever been in the quarry(shop only for service work). Trbo
hey now...i'm not in a cubicle...i am in a pretty big office with a little tiny window...trying to get you out of the quarry and back moving dirt haha
some cool stuff there. Need an old uke to keep that stuff moving!:drinkup
Haha yeah, and I appreicate all that hard work you're doing, cause I'm itching to get back to moving dirt.:usa:notworthy You got a window? Good to hear!:drinkup Euc, They got an old Euc by they're saw mill that I kinda stumbled across on Monday when I was trying to find my way, and they have a DJB 330 ADT.
i wanna know who would possibly love a stink belt
That is an old customer that I used to call on. those 992B's are beat! everything in that pit is shot wait until you see the 963....
Holy bent pads batman!
What a sweet machine that link belt is. Those are pretty big rocks over there. Could do some real damage. HAve fun, man.
did you see any deer on that job popcorn?
nope, no deer bigcat. Not too sure how long I'm suppose to be here, the timeline and who's taking my time keeps changing, so who knows... Got some photos to post later of the 1100 pullin a slab down and the two 992's tag teaming a piece out of the pit.
And now a few more photos for the viewing public... The answer to what you do when one 992b just isn't enough to move a big old slab of granite... get two The ex1100 pullin down another slab down in the pit. This little gem is a leftover from when we bought out DM Stolfuz quarries, and what I get to run when a truck rarely comes in for something too small for the grapple. big rock
I bet the ground shakes when that huge slab of Granite hits the floor!! It looks like the ladder almost got " el smashoed".