Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

This year, water filled my axle resivor

Ervin Smith ยท 2017-10-11 19:25

Today when I checked the level on my axle ail, water just poored out for 5 or more mintues. How is water getting in here. I had it changed when I bought it at the Ofallen Mo Bob Cat dealer. I read about a top inspection plate. I think thats at my feet. I would think, the dealer put it on with a seal to keep water out, maybe they did not do this.

Replies8
  1. #1mitch5042017-10-11 23:46

    A good first step would be telling us what kind of machine you are talking about, and a serial number would help get details.

  2. #2Ervin Smith2017-10-13 19:28

    Sorry, Its a Bob Cat 753, I think its around 1998 not really sure about the year, no one can tell me it seems # 512 733 281

  3. #3crewchief8882017-10-14 06:36

    theres actually 3 plates on the top of the chaincase. theres a breather vent in either the center or rear cover. thats the 1st place for water to get in. plain, clear water, no oil/water mix tells me it got in there while the machine was parked. how many gallons of water did you drain?

  4. #4Ervin Smith2017-10-16 10:15

    I am guessing maybe 5 gallens at least, because it seemed like the thing was full. I let it drain out and there was very little oil. coming out. I am thinking it is where my feet are by the brake, that plate was loose, I noticed one time. I tighted it all down, but I bet that is where it came in. And I read somewhere that comes loose over time because your feet are on it all the time. I got to figure out where to drain the whole thing, and get several drain pans to catch it all. It says it takes like 8 gallen of motor oil to fill it up to the proper level. In my situation how the heck will I afford 8 gallens of oil. So its broke down till I get some. I started hearing noise while operateing it, so I parked it immediately.

  5. #5Ervin Smith2017-10-16 10:17

    Is there a plate in the engine compartment maybe. YOu mention 3 areas, I only know of two, under my feet and the breather plug, which I don't think it was getting in there

  6. #6crewchief8882017-10-16 12:03

    Look up under the back of the machine for a small rectangular plate, remove the 3 bolts, there should be a rubber grommet and steel plug to drain the chainsaw. Bobcat recommends hyd oil in the Chaincase

  7. #7Ervin Smith2017-10-22 13:51

    oh good. I was reading one site that said put motor oil in it. The more I read, the more confusing it is about what type of oil to use.

  8. #8Delmer2017-10-22 15:09

    This is ONE case where any bargain basement 303 tractor fluid transmission hydraulic will work fine. Has to be better than the water at least