Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Thomas 233 HD Skid Steer- Not starting

thinstoneguy ยท 2011-06-24 07:23

It does not seem to be getting fuel, its not chugging. I have two of these machines. I switched the fuel pumps and no luck. What's next?

Replies5
  1. #1barklee2011-06-24 19:14

    Did you try to remove the fuel supply line from the pump and blow it out with air all the way to the fuel tank? Also, i would check for any fuel lines that may be collapsing. Are there any inline filters or a screw on filter? Did you try to blow that out? That is where i would start if you havent done any of those things yet. A picture might help too, i have never worked on a Thomas before.

  2. #2Kobe1302011-06-25 00:05

    I have a 1993 233HD. This machine has never given me a lick of trouble. But I have always kept it full of clean diesel. I notice the Kubota smokes plenty of white smoke when its cranking and on start up indicating its getting lots of fuel. If you are not getting that change your filters and even lines especially if you think you might have gotten some dirty fuel. as they say always check the simplest things first. Throttle linkage OK?? Its pretty easy to get a plugged fuel line. Glow plugs working? Are you sure you didn't get water in the diesel. If all that is ok but you are not getting white smoke then move to fuel pump and injector pump.

  3. #3caper2011-07-25 14:39

    Is the fuel shut off in the proper position? Just had this problem with a Thomas 153S.

  4. #4dporter2011-07-25 15:59

    Years back I changed a fuel pump on my 88 233HD. Same issue new pump no start no fuel. The pump was in to far, double gasket and it worked fine. Don't know why that worked but it did. Have you figured yours out yet?

  5. #5caper2011-07-26 06:04

    Yup, it was the fuel shut off solenoid, it was stupid expensive from Thomas and I couldn't source it through Kubota. I ended up setting it up with a manuel shut off. You wouldn't know of a good parts supplier for Thomas excavators? Have a good one!