Looking at a John Deere 7775. Seller says it was made by New Holland for JD. Does anyone know if that is true? If so, what is the model of the equivellent NH? Can't find much info on the Deere version. Anyone have experience with these?
Yes New holland did make them for deere. Pretty much the same machine but with a deere motor in them.220 Series. I've put a few hours on a 6675 and was a decent machine. I believe the 7775 had a little more hp and hydraulic flow but in the same machine. Here is a sheet for you. http://www.deere.com/en_US/docs/construction/non_current_products/skid_steers/75.pdf The LX665 is what the NH version of the 7775 was..
Exactly what I needed to know. Thanks!
They were known for really good fuel economy. Good machines overall.
I have a 95 8875 with 2900 hours on it that I absolutely love. Only maintenance issue I've had was a leaking hydrostat charge pressure sensor and a tired starter. Its easy on fuel and an absolute workhorse. John
This thing was for sale for months and the day I go to see it, its sold.... that's like the 4th time now. My luck needs to change!
Sounds like my luck. Yes JD8875. They were a decent machine. We had one rented way back when we had our 6675 and it was a stout machine. The only bad thing about it was right before we let it go back something in the pumps went shot?? Still was a monster compared to the 6675..
The JD7775 skid steer was built by new Holland I guess you could say actually it was built by ford for John deere and it doesn't have a jd engine in it it has a yanmar engine in it I have been looking for a used engine for one for a little while now and found a partial rebuild kit but it didn't come with bearings or thrust washer and a few other things only gaskets pistons and rings and I called jd and they told me it was a yanmar engine
Ford never made their own skid steers. Up until a few years ago Yanmar made the JD compact tractors so they were in bed for a quite a while. You never saw a lot of the older (90's) NH or JD skid steers on construction sites. They were more a farm machine with a longer wheelbase for better lifting. The big thing to check is if you can see the bucket cutting edge while sitting in the seat. The original NH skid steers, you sat down into them and couldn't see squat. Not good when you're trying to do precision grading which is where skid steers really shine.