Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Thought yall might like these BIG ONES

Countryboy · 2007-01-31 00:34

These are pretty BIG! :yup link

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies322
  1. #1Jeff D.2007-01-31 00:42

    Yes. Thanks!:yup

  2. #2wrenchbender2007-01-31 07:52

    Now that's TRUCKING:thumbsup

  3. #3HeyUvaVT2007-01-31 08:04

    Precision Heavy Haul does some crazy things...I can't even imagine the logistics that goes into moving something that size on public highways...and I bet they dont do it for Fuel Costs either! :notworthy

  4. #4Lashlander2007-01-31 08:34

    Cool pics Countryboy. :thumbsup

  5. #5Dwan Hall2007-01-31 10:39

    in the end it all boiles down to 1 truck driver to move it all.

  6. #6Ford LT-90002007-01-31 13:36

    One truck driver with many years of experience imagine what would happen do the driveline of the truck if you blew a shift with that kind of weight

  7. #7greenie2007-01-31 16:29

    sweet

  8. #8Ford LT-90002007-01-31 17:05

    Had a guy at work about a month ago pulling a B train tank full of liquid cow poop trying to make a shift up a steep offramp of a barge why he was trying to shift was beyond me. Heard a snap and the intermediate driveshaft rolling down the hill :Banghead What a pain had to have a winch truck pull him out of the way hook another tractor under the tanks. We have had lots of oversized stuff come through my famillies freight terminal all stuff similar to what Lashlander does. Never had a digital camera back in the late eighties. With there being no scales here the loggers get away with murder loading stuff onto lowbeds that is way over weight. No need to strip the machine down aslong its under 13'6" some of the machines are 125 ton like this machine that used to be loaded onto a tandem axle truck single axle jeep triaxle lowbed. They do have to strip boom off because of length. www.madillequipment.com/PDF_ Files/Brochures/Madill 124 Swing Yarder Brochure.pdf

  9. #9thejdman042007-01-31 20:19

    Id love to haul that stuff, until they get into the tight turns. Ive seen it done w/steerable jeeps not all that bad.

  10. #10Bob Horrell2007-01-31 21:39

    Thanks for the cool pictures. Shifting under a heavy load can be problematic. U joints are usually the first to go. I know when I am loaded heavy and going up a hill in low range, I use my jake to slow the engine down fast enough I can catch a smooth shift. In some situations, that is the only way I can make the shift because it takes the big diesel too long to decrease rpms without the jake on. I have yet to break something, but I know it happens to the best of them sometimes.

  11. #11Countryboy2007-02-01 03:22

    Alright, now for the REALLY BIG ONES. link

  12. #12Countryboy2007-02-01 03:27

    And a pop quiz to make sure yall are paying attention. :yup Who makes this truck? No, I don't know the answer. link

  13. #13Countryboy2007-02-01 03:56

    Sorry, thats the only one I got. The only thing I can offer is that it is listed under the mining section on the site. Thats why I was wondering who made it so I could find some more pictures. :yup

  14. #14wrenchbender2007-02-01 15:03

    I don't know either but is that a BULL DOG on the hood? And the badge looks a little like maybe a WHITE badge.The truck sorta looks like an old Diamond Reo or AutoCar Anyway I like the looks of it:thumbsup But it proly ain't from around here.

  15. #15Ford LT-90002007-02-01 15:52

    Here we go this is a Mack off Highway

  16. #16Ford LT-90002007-02-01 15:58

    Here is another one

  17. #17Ford LT-90002007-02-01 16:03

    That orange Mack looks like it has a V-12 KTA cummins in it most of the old offroad Mack logging trucks had them.

  18. #18greenie2007-02-01 17:51

    is this big?

  19. #19Grader4me2007-02-01 18:01

    Okay I will be the first to ask...What in the heck is it?:spaz

  20. #20King of Obsolete2007-02-01 18:07

    head to www.doncampbellmodels.com and see the pictures he has of the 2 heavy haulers. he is building an all steel model right now. thansk

  21. #21Truckie2007-02-01 19:56

    Very cool pictures. Thank you Country Boy.

  22. #22DR RPM2007-02-01 20:14

    The trucking company is PREMAY, out of Edmonton, probably at Fort McMurray. They have some unbelievable pieces of iron for moving massive pieces.

  23. #23Countryboy2007-02-01 20:34

    Thats a pretty big load Greenie. Maybe we should make this a ltttle competition for every one. Picture of the biggest load being pulled. And lets not forget the rules.....theres always rules. 1. The load being carried and the rig thats hauling the load must be regulated by the DOT. 2. The rig must be capable of legally traveling on public roads and highways. 3. It must be pulled by an actual truck, no heavy equipment, although heavy equipment could be the load. Thats it. It ought to be interesting to see what yall come up with. :yup -------------------------------------------------------------------------- FORD , do not ruin my thread with your BS. If you have a pic to post that meets the criteria, I would enjoy seeing it but if you get the urge to start blabbering about a figment of your imagination then make SURE that you click on "Looking into reviving my 1 ton trucking business" before you start typing. JAKE brakes are there for a reason. Use them. Everybody needs to know what to do when something stops working, but not using something because of a fear of breakage or malfuntion is just not the way to go.

  24. #24Countryboy2007-02-01 21:31

    Thanks DR RPM :thumbsup . So this is a Mack?

  25. #25Jeff D.2007-02-01 22:34

    The picture Greenie has posted "looks" like it has the Alaskan state flag on the one truck. Could that be up on the north slope? How would they have gotton that thing up there though? By ship? Assembled it there maybe? Whatever, and where-ever that is, it's big!

  26. #26Lashlander2007-02-01 23:14

    Its a processing module for the oilfield on the North Slope. There have been quite a few of them manufactured and sent up. The last few have been made in Anchorage then loaded on barges and hauled around through the Bering Sea to the Beaufort Sea. Crowley Maritime has a few pics on their website of them on their barges but I need permission from them to post them. I don't know how to post links but you go to crowley.com, hit media images and they have a few photos.

  27. #27Steve Frazier2007-02-01 23:39

    The easiest way to post a link is to visit the web page you want to link to and right click on the URL listed in the Address box at the top of the page. Then come here and reply, right click in the reply box and click paste. The program will do the restb

  28. #28Lashlander2007-02-02 00:03

    I'll give it a whirl. http://www.crowley.com/mediaroom/photos-and-images.asp Wahoo, it worked. Thanks

  29. #29Ford LT-90002007-02-02 00:38

    The offroad logging trucks that haul 100 tons of logs at a time run a water tank behind the cab which has a pipe running to it to the back brakes to keep them cool when decending 20% offroad grades. The guys I learned from drive those trucks. I never had the guts to try drive one you screw up with that kind of weight you have one choice (death). Here you go this is what is done offroad

  30. #30Ford LT-90002007-02-02 00:48

    Another little load of logs this is the only heavy haul we see on the West Coast of B.C.

  31. #31Countryboy2007-02-02 02:15

    Great site Lash, Thanks. :thumbsup Ok, we're starting the contest. Ford are those pictures above gonna be your entry? I'm not sure whats under the black tarps but it must be heavy. :yup It can even crab walk. I really like this shot. link

  32. #32Ford LT-90002007-02-02 02:34

    It is amazing what you can haul if you can get wheels under it :yup

  33. #33Electra_Glide2007-02-02 08:30

    http://www.premay.com/main.html I checked out Premay's website, but they didn't give any specifics other then the number and type of equipment they have. No details. However, while I was there, I found the following image, so consider this my "entry". 1.8 million lbs, including the truck... http://www.premay.com/latest.html BTW...I think Ford's entry should be disqualified, since you said the truck must be capable of traveling on public roads, and he says those are offroad logging trucks...:nono Joe

  34. #34Steve Frazier2007-02-02 09:06

    1.8 million pounds!!! How would you like to be the engineer that certified the bridge for that crossing?? Do you think he might have been sweating just a little?

  35. #35King of Obsolete2007-02-02 09:17

    here is the same bridge, i think it was on monday of this week. will post more info later. thansk

  36. #36Cat4202007-02-02 12:27

    745 tons total Link

  37. #37King of Obsolete2007-02-02 18:46

    here is the story that was sent to me by kelly, thansk kelly. Only in Alberta, you say!! These are pictures of a "Coker" that is manufactured by CESSCO in Edmonton for Syncrude Canada Ltd., Ft, Mc Murray, Alberta. They extract oil from bitumen (a Tar-like substance) found in Northern Alberta. This unit is over 500 feet long, weighs more than 1.2 million lbs., is carried on highly specialized trailers with approximately 700 wheels; it takes 5 days to haul it 600 miles. In order to cross the North Saskatchewan River it must travel east on Highway 14, then north to the Duvernay Bridge, then back west on Highway 28 to Highway 63, through Boyle and Grassland and north to Ft. McMurray. Tonight it will be resting in Wandering River before getting to its final destination tomorrow. Highway signs, overhead power lines, street lights, etc. all have to be disconnected while this unit is passing through. The company that moves it is called Mammouet Transport. It was fascinating seeing it cross over the bridge with two trucks pulling and one pushing. The engineering must be very intricate handling it going down hills as well as pulling up the hills!! You will notice that there were two more trucks on the other side of the bridge to hook up and pull it over the bridge and up the hill on the other side. They hook together with ropes. It is very important not to have too much extra weight on the bridge. Today we wanted to see the unit turn off Highway 55/63 onto the Ft. McMurray highway. It is a 90 degree turn......as you can see in the pictures it was a piece of cake. The coker pivoted on top of the two trailers, the pilots on each of the trailers had control of the 700 wheels to turn the corner with ease; there are two pullers and two pushers. It took about 5 minutes. It only travels in the daylight. Police reroute the traffic ahead and behind the unit as it travels so slowly and you cannot pass it going either direction. There wouldn't be any room to pass anyway.

  38. #38wrenchbender2007-02-02 18:54

    I just wonder what the total cost is for relocating something like this is. Gotta be a gazillion bucks huh?

  39. #39Wolf2007-02-02 19:28

    awesome trees coming out of the forest. don't see ones like that around here.

  40. #40Ford LT-90002007-02-02 19:29

    There is so much money floating around the oil business in Alberta spending a million dollars is a drop in a bucket. Fort Mc Murray is so busy with the tar sands it doesn't matter what it costs just do it. On edit Wolf that cedar on the truck prolly is in california somewhere lots of cedar products get shipped south. Cedar shakes and shingles are mainly exported to the US its very rare for people on the West Coast of B.C. to put a shake or shingle roof on their house too expensive.

  41. #41King of Obsolete2007-02-02 19:45

    i know some guys working in fort mcmurry, making lots and lots of money but they are burning out with all the over time. guys are coming back to manitoba to work because they have had enough. they figured out money doesn't buy happiness. you can make almost the same wage at the mine and only work 4 days on and 4 days off, plus you can buy a house for $120 000.00 that fort mcmurray is a very busy place. thansk

  42. #42Countryboy2007-02-02 20:34

    Greenie, do you have a weight estimate for that load. Thats a good point, Ford you got some more pics? Although they are good pics :thumbsup they are not road legal. They can be personal pics or some you found on the internet as long as they follow the rules. Good pics Electra Glide, KoO and Cat420. Its gonna be difficult to beat them. :yup

  43. #43Ford LT-90002007-02-02 21:11

    Our roads are not big enough for big stuff to be hauled like pictured heck a standard tandem axle tractor and a 53' van trailer has to use both sides of the road. The widest loads we have hauled here are 14 foot by 70 mobile homes. As for Fort Mc Murray you make good money but there isn't much to do so you end up with a serious gambling addiction or if your not a alcoholic you turn into one. The sad part which I heard from one of my buddys up there says guys get into drugs sniffing lines of booger sugar off the table There is more to life than money you have to enjoy your job :yup Like most of us on this site like getting dirty and greasy :naughty

  44. #44Bob Horrell2007-02-02 23:27

    These are some awsome pics. There is a lot of engineering in moving the pieces of equipment shown in the pics. However, even though LTs pics don't qualify, I think the E ticket ride would be coming down a 20% grade in one of those logging trucks - not only heavy but very top heavy and on winding decents things can go wrong in a hurry.

  45. #45Ford LT-90002007-02-03 00:23

    There have been cases where one of the logs has slid forward and wiped out the cab You have to know what your doing especially decending the grades and adding the water to the brakes to cool them off. Put too much water on them the drums will crack from cooling too fast. Depending on the trucks some have V-12 Detroits some have been repowered with newer engines like N-14 Cummins. The log bunks on those truck range from 12 to 14 feet wide and the loads are upto 100 ton depending on trailer. The roads those trucks travel on are usually no wider than the truck with a nice drop off on one side of the road. Drivers are taught if you loose control decending a steep grade find a soft spot to drive the truck into. Some of the grades are steep enough you have a tough time walking up them and they are not short grades either.

  46. #46greenie2007-02-03 13:20

    I have no idea about the weight. I found the pictures on doncampbellmodels.com (Soon Ill figure how to post links).

  47. #47digger242j2007-02-03 18:29

    Ok, so I suppose you're going to disqualify me then? http://www.linksdaily.com/?sida=tengill&id=194267

  48. #48Wulf2007-02-03 18:53

    B-17 Flying Fortress... she's a BIG ONE! So does this qualify?

  49. #49Countryboy2007-02-03 19:10

    Only if you can prove that its you riding the bike. I think thats under FFA not DOT. :yup

  50. #50jimmyjack2007-02-03 19:17

    heres a big load, this count :bouncegri :roll http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHPltSkuSjc&mode=related&search= funny aint it:yup :wink2

  51. #51jimmyjack2007-02-03 19:27

    i couldn't help meself, i think they need to told not to put the load on the back end of there trailer.:nono http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5EjOTy7UKc hate it when that happens:Banghead

  52. #52Countryboy2007-02-03 19:55

    Yeah, I don't think they had the right percentage of tongue weight. :bouncegri

  53. #53Lashlander2007-02-03 19:57

    The tonka truck is hilarious. I've seen a still of the other one but not the video. Both are great. :yup

  54. #54digger242j2007-02-03 20:12

    F uture F armers of A merica? I guess a country boy would think that... :wink2 Wulf, where'd that picture come from, and do you know any of the details?

  55. #55Wulf2007-02-03 21:29

    I can't recall where I first saw the photo digger but the aircraft is being hauled to Wright-Patterson AFB OH in 1971.

  56. #56Orchard Ex2007-02-03 21:35

    I'm sure you meant FAA, but the FAA is under DOT, so does that get it put back in?:bouncegri

  57. #57Lashlander2007-02-04 01:29

    I'm not going to win no contest but these are a few we've hauled around. The 10 is 18.5' wide and 18' high. The concrete T beam is 140' long. The bridge is 26' wide. The Manitowoc 4000 is 20' wide.

  58. #58Lashlander2007-02-04 01:37

    Check out the torque on the tractor as its entering the road with the 10.

  59. #59Dwan Hall2007-02-04 02:07

    Far from the bigest but this was one of the first trucks I was around. USAF Minuteman missle transport and erector truck back in 1966. Loaded with 1 missle. when it arives at a launch site it backs over the hole and stands on the tail to lower the missel into the hole. Trailer is 60' long to cary the 53' missle. Back in 1970 one got to close to a soft sholder and rolled on it's side. Boy did the S&%# hit the fan. Glade I was not part of that trip.

  60. #60Dusty2007-02-04 10:24

    man i sure wouldent want to be the guy in the little box steering that beam

  61. #61King of Obsolete2007-02-04 10:44

    lashlander, great pictures, little tight on the beam trailer steering box angle. thansk

  62. #62Lashlander2007-02-04 13:02

    Funny you should notice that. We rented this set up from an outfit out of Anchorage. They told us to inspect the steering every beam. They were hauling a 150'er down the freeway north of Anchorage and it broke at about 50 MPH. It hung a right and went into the ditch. It yanked the beam off the pull tractor and rolled the beam hauler and all down an embankment. It banged the guy up a little but never hurt him bad. The cab is made out of heavy Iron and reinforced in case something happens. The beam never faired so good.

  63. #63King of Obsolete2007-02-04 13:55

    yes i seen the angle and it gave me the willes, so can you imagne what it would be like looking at the u-joint when it broke. a change of underwear would be needed. thansk

  64. #64Countryboy2007-02-04 14:42

    Right you are, yes that one counts. I was just joking about the F F A. :bouncegri It looked like a big crop duster to me. :wink2 I think personal pictures should count too. The ones I found aren't mine so the fact that you took the time to take those should count for something. Even if it wasn't the biggest, you still get an "A" for effort. Great pics guys, keep um coming. :thumbsup

  65. #65Lashlander2007-02-04 19:38

    Tallest? I'm going to put in for the tallest load. This is a dock in Cold Bay, its 10' inside the bullrail and the crane is 12' outside the tracks. The lowboy is 9' wide. When the crane is on the lowboy its above the bullrail.

  66. #66Ford LT-90002007-02-05 03:02

    Good god that scary thats allot of weight on the pier What is that a 45-50 ton capacity american ? I prolly wouldn't want to try crawl the crane off the pier even if it did fit between the bull rails those old crawlers don't want to walk straight. I know dads old 30 ton American didn't crawl very well we ended up selling her for scrap the flower gear blew and it was going to cost too much to repair.

  67. #67DigDug2007-02-05 07:44

    Someones hard up for work to back out on that pier and haul that out. I think that would give me the heeebie-geeebies. :spaz

  68. #68Lashlander2007-02-05 09:28

    Its a 40 ton American and weighs about 40 ton. Cranes used to weigh what they would pick. The only scary part was loading it on the lowboy with half the tracks hanging over with not being able to swing out the outriggers on the lowboy. Couple months later I had to haul it back to load it out.

  69. #69wrenchbender2007-02-05 12:55

    NERVES OF STEELE :notworthy

  70. #70Ford LT-90002007-02-05 13:56

    The crane has a good amount of stick on it too :yup Oh the days when old conventional cranes used to be common there was many in the area strapped to barges and working in the salmon farm industry. A 25 ton Bucyrus Erie working on a barge lifting anchors guy pulling hard on a concrete anchor stuck in the mud the 1 1/4 poly rope let go. The boom swung back and bent backwards. It didn't have any pipes on the boom that prevents the boom from over centering. My grandpa actually patent the over centre pipes in the shop he worked on that was back in the early 60s.

  71. #71Countryboy2007-02-05 19:38

    Well if you're gonna go for tallest load then maybe we should know the height we are trying to beat. :wink2 We'll give ya an extra 3 ft. to compensate for the thickness of the lowboy. Like wrenchbender said, Nerves of Steel.

  72. #72Countryboy2007-02-06 01:17

    Not sure what these would be under......most flotation. Doesn't matter.....I WANT ONE. :yup They are made by Rollingon Corp. They are ultra low ground pressure and high flotation vehicles. link

  73. #73Countryboy2007-02-06 01:21

    Couple more. link

  74. #74wrenchbender2007-02-06 07:28

    Dem are swamp buggys Uncle Sam been using'em a very long time now. I remember going to Agusta Ga. back in the early 70's South Eastern Equipment co. looking at these. Well they have evolved a bit since then but the high flotation tires look the same. BTW South Eastern Equipment co. was a government surplus company. Man that was a real toy store trucks,jeeps duce and halfs, five tons,wreckers,tractors,trailers stripped down tanks they called Wood Tigers. Ok i'm back to the present

  75. #75HeyUvaVT2007-02-06 08:20

    wow and I thought I had pulled some heavy loads...these pics are INSANE...the crane on the dock and the logging trucks are a tie for me in the nerves of steel catagory

  76. #76wrenchbender2007-02-06 09:33

    I hope this link works some big loads in here and one really tall one. http://www.experthousemovers.com/photo_gallery.html

  77. #77Lashlander2007-02-06 09:47

    Very cool link! :thumbsup

  78. #78Countryboy2007-02-06 19:06

    You know if this place is still around? I'm only a couple of hours from Augusta. Good site. :yup I've seen that company on the TV a couple times.

  79. #79King of Obsolete2007-02-06 19:32

    excellent link, seen them on the TV too. it is amazing what they move, up here we would smash them brick buildings down and build a BBQ out of the brick that didn't break. but then again our house are only 60 years old, LOL thansk

  80. #80wrenchbender2007-02-06 19:36

    kinda tricky moving that light house huh?

  81. #81Countryboy2007-02-06 19:49

    Thanks for the info. Might have to make a road trip up there. One of my weaknesses is Army Surplus. :yup

  82. #82wrenchbender2007-02-06 20:10

    Hey you ain't far from Waner Robins AFB I pickup surplus there sometimes.I have a cousin in the surplus biz.I do a little hauling for him but only the stuff that makes him a little nervous.You know sea cans, water buffalos, ambulances, expandable shelters or anything over sized or heavy.These places amaze me with all types of equipment every where ya look.

  83. #83Countryboy2007-02-06 20:37

    Yup, thats only about 45 min. from me. The military gets to play with all the cool stuff and that same stuff was built to last. There's a little place right down from Smily's flea market off of Highway 247 that has alot of surplus too. I've bought a couple things from there. He has alot of equipment out there like forklifts, plane taxis and I think there was a whole plane body too. I told Jeff D. I would go out there to look for a ratchet binder thingy for him but have yet to make it out there. Maybe you have seen one of them. Click Here.

  84. #84wrenchbender2007-02-06 21:07

    I don't remember seeing anything like that but I'll show this pic. to ole cuz he may have some at his place.He'll buy anything that comes up for bid as long as the price is right.Even if he don't know what it is or what it does he's cool like that.

  85. #85Jeff D.2007-02-06 21:17

    Thanks Wrenchbender!! And thanks Countryboy for keeping me in mind.(Bob Horrell too, he's looking for those also.:yup )

  86. #86Countryboy2007-02-06 21:25

    See, I didn't forget. I'm like an elephant I tell ya......just smaller. But I'm still gonna check when I make it up there one of these days. :yup

  87. #87wrenchbender2007-02-06 21:34

    Jeff that's what makes the wheels spin eveybody working together.I just hope cuz has some for ya.

  88. #88Countryboy2007-02-06 21:48

    Thanks for the info wrenchbender. :thumbsup Now, back to the contest. Lets see some more big stuff. :yup

  89. #89Countryboy2007-02-06 23:54

    Too bad this didn't have a trailer under it. It is on a public highway though. :bouncegri LINK I couldn't get the picture to resize so you'll have to click on the link. :bash

  90. #90Lashlander2007-02-07 02:10

    I think that was on Modern Marvels or something like that. They walked it cross country in Germany to a new mine. One minute I think it was 25 miles then the next I think its more like 8 miles so I guess I can't remember. The sheer size of it is incredible. The three cranes on it just to service it is wild. Great picture!:thumbsup

  91. #91Countryboy2007-02-07 03:33

    These are massive but I don't have weights for them. link

  92. #92wrenchbender2007-02-07 19:02

    Another link to some fairly large loads. http://www.transamer.com/heavyhaul.htm BTW Countryboy :IMO this is a GREAT THREAD

  93. #93Countryboy2007-02-07 19:09

    Good site. :thumbsup :iagree Everybody likes to watch big things being moved. Thanks. These smileys are great. :woohoo

  94. #94Nac2007-02-07 19:57

    Those lime green one is Joe supor I have been to thier yard they are full of all kinds of trucks and trailers they also where one of the biggest crain company around. They sould the crane division for a couple years and now are back in to it. Joe has a chain drive Mack that is in the Smithsonian.

  95. #95Countryboy2007-02-07 20:06

    Interesting history. Thanks for the info Nac. :yup Here's the LINK for them.

  96. #96DigDug2007-02-08 07:30

    Joe Supor website - www.jsupor.com

  97. #97DigDug2007-02-08 16:17

    Heres some pics i always liked.

  98. #98wrenchbender2007-02-08 18:32

    That is an interesting approach & would work until one of the drivers applied brakes or swerved or any mismatch in driving.And that's when the:shf Can you imagine trying to coner that deal outside guy would have to be in the lead ever so slightly just to keep the trailers square with each other. I would like to watch these guys going down the road opcorn. I think I would rather try to drive the cat down the road I see they already have a police escort. Anyway very pics.

  99. #99CascadeScaper2007-02-08 18:46

    How cute, matching red Petes

  100. #100wrenchbender2007-02-08 20:43

    Not the biggest load but large non the less.

  101. #101Countryboy2007-02-08 20:52

    I always like to see pics like that. It really takes skill and coordination to make a move like that happen. Good one wrenchbender. Whats the deal with the 3rd axle from the end on that trailer. I hope its just sitting in a pothole. You have a weight for that?

  102. #102Steve Frazier2007-02-08 21:45

    Gotta love the wheel chocks!!

  103. #103HeyUvaVT2007-02-09 07:51

    The two red petes is one of the most interesting moves I have seen pics of...i also would love to have watched them do that...be a really bad time to miss a shift or hit your brakes at the wrong time..

  104. #104wrenchbender2007-02-09 08:13

    Good one wrenchbender. Whats the deal with the 3rd axle from the end on that trailer. I hope its just sitting in a pothole. Hey they ain't nothing wrong with that axle it's adjusted for right hand turns. You have a weight for that? Nah but when he pulled on the scales they said B R O K E N. I think it's a bucket off of a mini

  105. #105wrenchbender2007-02-09 08:17

    Now Steve don't be making fun I still use this type chocks only round ones:lmao

  106. #106Countryboy2007-02-09 17:33

    Yeah, us Chevrolet guys call them parking brakes.

  107. #107wrenchbender2007-02-09 18:33

    ointlaugh Now why would you need a parking on a Chevy they wont roll anyway. :drinkup

  108. #108Countryboy2007-02-11 21:09

    I think I found the biggest as far as dimensions (height, width) but not weight. This is a container crane that was relocated to a different port. Its still pretty heavy though at 700 tonnes. Whats 700 "tonnes" converted to "tons"? Another big load. This is the way they used to do it. :yup

  109. #109Cat4202007-02-11 21:32

    700 tonnes = 771.617918 short tons, thanks Google! Here's some that I took. Not the heaviest, tallest or longest, but cool anyway.

  110. #110Countryboy2007-02-11 21:41

    Great pics Cat420. Personal pics are always better. :yup

  111. #111capt_met2007-02-12 15:00

    here is a link to a good sized crane. someone said something about a crane strapped to a barge and this came to mind. it sleeps over 700 people. http://www.heerema.com/framesets/index__hmc_equipment.htm sorry, i forgot road legal

  112. #112Countryboy2007-02-12 21:52

    Good site Capt Met. :thumbsup Its amazing how some of that stuff stays afloat.

  113. #113Big Iron2007-02-28 16:10

    Your right that module is heading to the CCP on the north slope. it was one of 2 that year. it was the last module to be built at the Portland, OR ship yard, as they were the only one to have a dry dock large enough to handle them. I was the driver in the far Hendrickson DPM360. Trailers were configuared with 768 tires and weighed 1.2 million #,s the DPM360 started at 360,000# and had 200,000# of counterweight added over the drivers (thats 200k on each truck.) They are powered by vt1710 v-12 Cummins (750hp) with a clark 8f/4r trans. the modules weighed 3700+ tons and was 224' long, 97' wide and 11 stories tall. the photo shows us moving the mods to the barges for transport to AK. Once in Prudhoe they were moved about 5 miles on gravel roads to the central compressor plant for placement. A full barge of plywood and many rig mats was required to help stabilize the roads. They were fun loads to haul and at that time were the largest loads ever hauled by a tractor trailer rig If i get time i will fish through my photos at home and come up with some more to post. thanks for posting them it brought back some good memories:drinkup

  114. #114digger242j2007-02-28 16:29

    That would be great if you had more pictures of that. Thanks. The picture referred to is in Post #19 of this thread.

  115. #115Countryboy2007-02-28 18:55

    Yeah, we would definately like to see more. :yup

  116. #116Lashlander2007-02-28 22:12

    Big Iron, did you go to the slope and help with the offload and transport? :usa

  117. #117Big Iron2007-03-01 00:20

    North slope yes, at the time i was working for Shaughnessy Co. the heavy lift division of Crowley Maritime. it took about 8 hours to get the mods off the barge with all the ballesting that had to be done. when we set the mods on the ccp pad, they had to be set within an inch both in height and laterally. the height part is easy with the hydralics on the trailers, however the lateral part was a tough one. another interesting point is that the hydralics that lift the trailers and load (aobut 8.5 million #s) are powered by a 33 hp duitz (sp) engine. pretty amazing those hydralics. i quit the slope in about 95 and have just recently went back to work there as a crane operator (both lifting and drilling) and will run the big trucks as well.. i just got home this week and will return on the 12th. it has changed a bunch!!!!! i'll go through some of my photos of the drill rig /module moves and see if i can scan and upload some.

  118. #118Countryboy2007-03-06 00:57

    Not a truck but still a BIG ONE. This is a Liebherr 995 mounted to a barge for dredging. Forgot the site. Please take credit if these are yours.

  119. #119Countryboy2007-03-06 01:00

    Some more...... Forgot the site. Please take credit if these are yours.

  120. #120HeyUvaVT2007-03-06 07:18

    holy floating shovel batman! :cool2

  121. #121Squizzy246B2007-03-06 07:22

    You can say that again. Nice pics CB. I must admit, first thing I thought of looking at those pics was what sort of a ride would it be hanging on the access platforms on the main boom while it was working ointhead

  122. #122jimmyjack2007-03-06 13:55

    :scool

  123. #123Cat4202007-03-06 14:04

    Silly question, but is the guarding on the cab left over from a previous mining application or do they serve a purpose in marine use?

  124. #124Blademan2007-03-06 14:58

    When I first saw the pictures I too thought it odd that they left the guarding on the cab . Maybe this dredging-on-the-barge thing is for a short time so they thought to just leave it on :beatsme . Then I started to think that maybe its some kind of sun protection , as working on the water with the reflecting rays would be somewhat brutal . Kinda like working on snow . I did snow removal on a bright and sunny day without sunglasses ( sunnies ? ) and I'm sure I almost did permanant damage to them . They were CRUSTY the next day when I woke up . :Banghead Anyhow , my guesses . Maybe someone has other explanations ? Also , I wonder how bad the rust will be if thats salty water . Would like to see more photos of that Liebherr a couple of years from now . Cheers , Rob

  125. #125Ford LT-90002007-03-06 16:01

    That guarding is prolly to protect the windows from water splashing if the operator got a good wave of water it will take out the windows. That is a pretty big dredge unit the size of the spuds on the barge is massive that machine must have some pulling power. It even looks like the spuds are able to be pinned in one spot to use them as stabilizers to keep the barge from rocking and rolling.

  126. #126digger242j2007-03-06 16:18

    How does the guarding keep a wave from hitting the windows? (I ask, because I think you're barking up the wrong tree there...)

  127. #127Orchard Ex2007-03-06 18:57

    Maybe the company is SERIOUS about getting a full shift from the operator... or they are using prison labor for operators.... or to protect from shark attack if the barge sinks... opcorn

  128. #128jimmyjack2007-03-06 19:42

    there to keep the fish out :falldownlaugh

  129. #129Ford LT-90002007-03-06 19:48

    It was just a thought. If you drop the bucket into the water fast enough you could splash water up that high. I have spent a few years in the marine industry my familly is in the marine freight business I have been around tugs and barges most of my life. A heavy enough splash of water can take out or crack a window on a boat. That guarding on the window on the excavator could be for also when they use the excavator for marine construction and lifting long beams etc.

  130. #130capt_met2007-03-06 20:01

    my guess would be the guarding is there for osha or some regulatory group. that barge won't see rough seas. no reason to dredge where the rough seas are. and to slam the bucket down hard enough to splash water that high would mean there is another problem. maybe it is to protect from hydraulic lines snapping under pressure and whipping. they do give it a more menacing look.

  131. #131Countryboy2007-03-06 20:08

    Do you just speak whenever something comes into that simple little mind? At first I thought the comment was in jest but then you try to defend it in another post. If the bars were on the inside then it would give the glass some structural integrity against an outside force but the bars are clearly on the outside. The lifting and such for long objects could be a possibility but to stop water from breaking the glass, come on........ ointhead

  132. #132digger242j2007-03-06 20:10

    I don't doubt that. It's just that the guarding won't keep any of the water from hitting the window. It's a liquid ...

  133. #133wrenchbender2007-03-06 21:07

    Hey Countryboy, You think maybe you could talk them fellers into letting me borrow that for just a little while. My pond needs cleaning out and I promise not to sink it!!

  134. #134Countryboy2007-03-06 21:13

    Heres some pics of an older 995 called the "Jay Cashman". There is also some spec sheets listed below: Spec Sheet 1 Spec Sheet 2 The pics came from this site, an awsome site with lots of demo. Props go to these guys for taking pictures of what they do.

  135. #135Countryboy2007-03-06 21:15

    And the rest.... link

  136. #136Countryboy2007-03-06 21:17

    A pond might be a little to big of a job for it to handle.

  137. #137Lashlander2007-03-06 21:43

    If I had to venture a guess on the guards I'd say its for when your dumping into a dump barge. The barge will be full of runny material and you dump a full bucket of sticky material in it will splash huge chunks of mud everywhere. I've broke windshields on cranes that way with a clam bucket. Oh ya, cool pics Countryboy.:thumbsup

  138. #138Countryboy2007-03-06 21:49

    Now that makes since. Thanks for the insight Lash. So what is that big clamshell attached to........ (subtle reverse psychology to see more pics)

  139. #139HeyUvaVT2007-03-07 07:41

    Where would I go to sign up for THAT!!!

  140. #140JDOFMEMI2007-03-07 16:41

    After looking at the photos of the second machine, I see they use these with grapples and such, so I suppose they probably place jetty stone with these. When dropping stone, pieces break off occasionally and launch like a missile. I suspect that is the primary reason for the guarding.

  141. #141Lashlander2007-03-08 02:45

    This was a dredging job we did in Seward Ak. last winter. We loaded on to a barge and went out to sea and offloaded with a 980G. The windshield in 980 got broke by flying muck on this job. I had a bunch of photos from this job and they got ruined at the developers. These were about the only ones I wound up with.

  142. #142Lashlander2007-03-08 02:48

    Few more

  143. #143King of Obsolete2007-03-08 09:14

    great pictures, thansk for sharing thansk

  144. #144Countryboy2007-03-11 19:54

    Thanks for the pics Lash. Did I mention you have the best job....... Do you get to operate all the equipment you've posted or is everybody assigned a machine? Thanks again, great pics. :thumbsup

  145. #145Ford LT-90002007-03-11 20:07

    That muck is brown as topsoil did it smell bad

  146. #146Orchard Ex2007-03-11 22:19

    I bet it smelled like money! (on the back of a local honey dipper "Smells like MONEY to me!" )

  147. #147Ford LT-90002007-03-11 22:51

    With that being a marina there is probably lots of disgusting stuff laying on the bottom. Old boats,decomposed bodies,tons of human poo,old condoms,old fishing gear etc. Pushing the spoils off the barge would be a little worry some with no sides on the barge a operator would have to pay attention. Unload one side too fast you would have troubles :bouncegri

  148. #148digger242j2007-03-12 01:05

    Imagine that.

  149. #149Lashlander2007-03-12 01:12

    I've got 2 other operators. Me and one of them share all the Crane operating. We share the rest of the duties. I hire other people as needed for different jobs. The owners would rather run a shorter crew and work more over time. That suits us fine. The over time is where the bucks are. Most dredging jobs I've done the first couple feet will be silt and will stink pretty good. It usually cleans up after that. The dump barge on this job had two foot side boards. We ran out of free board before we ran out of side board. Thanks for the replies.

  150. #150Countryboy2007-03-12 01:20

    Yeah, the overtime is definately where the money is. Thats why I make an extra 20 hrs of it each week. Why would you want to hire help when you can have all them cool jobs to yourself.....

  151. #151Ford LT-90002007-03-12 01:40

    What do you get on the barge for weight 2000 ton ? I like the pictures it shows the land lubber members in the center of the country what happens on the West Coast in marine construction etc.

  152. #152Lashlander2007-03-12 02:05

    The barge is 2500 ton to the loadline, we went over a little because it was only going about a mile out. I'm not real sure how many care about Marine Construction. If not I hope they let me know. I don't want to be a pest. ointhead

  153. #153Countryboy2007-03-12 02:11

    What!!! Marine Construction is great. :thumbsup I think its in the rules somewhere that you have to post pics of Marine Construction.....:beatsme

  154. #154Lashlander2007-03-12 02:36

    You bring back a memory. When I was about 4 or 5 years old I was hanging out with some boys that were 8 or 10. We were playing in a field that bordered an old lumber yard. They wanted me to throw a rock though a window of one of the old warehouses. I knew better but they egged me on and on. I finally gave in and let it fly. It wasn't 2 seconds a face appeared in the hole I just made. I turned around to look at the other kids and they were gone and I was busted. Its been over 40 years since that little episode and to this day I've never really like the sound of breaking glass.

  155. #155Countryboy2007-03-12 02:45

    Its funny how the childhood experiences make their mark on the latter years. I don't like spiders cause of something that happened when I was 6.......but we're not going to talk about that.

  156. #156alco2007-04-02 03:50

    Sorry to drag up something from a ways back in the thread here, but I find it interesting how you can say there isn't much to do in Fort McMurray. You can do pretty much anything you may be interested in doing up here. I'd like to know what we are lacking? For that matter, have you ever been to Fort McMurray? Brian

  157. #157Countryboy2007-04-02 04:17

    Alco, it seems that Ford will have to plead the fifth on the matter as it seems he has gotten himself in a bit of trouble. I wouldn't look too much into his ramblings though, as your question would have brought on a steady flow of manure which would not be of any contribution to this or any thread. On a more positive note, would you have any interesting pics to contribute to my thread? Unfortunately, down south in the states we don't get to see to much of the Oil Sands. :drinkup

  158. #158nedly052007-04-02 05:42

    Props to countryboy I would like to take a quick second to shoot some props to countryboy for this thread, It's gotta be one of, if not the coolest I've ever seen on HEF. So many awesome pics, and awesome links. Also props to the rest of you guys that added great pics and links to contribute to this threads greatness!! AWESOME :notworthy :thumbsup

  159. #159Squizzy246B2007-04-02 05:57

    What!!!....how can you say such a thing???....you obviously haven't read the "Lonley Friday" thread......full of great pics and really useful information ointhead Ok...yep...well done CB

  160. #160nedly052007-04-02 06:29

    Sorry Squizz! I have poked around in the Lonely Friday thread a little bit, while it too is a great thread I just thought that countryboy deserved a little recognition for this one. No offense intended my friend...I am headed to Lonely Friday next! TO ALL HEF MEMBERS: My last post in this thread was not meant to degrade any other threads or hurt any feelings, I really enjoy this thread, and I wanted to commend countryboy! I appologize if I have hurt any feelings, that was not what I intended!

  161. #161digger242j2007-04-02 06:59

    Ya gotta be careful nedly. Squizzy may come off as a bit rough around the edges, but he's really a very sensitive soul... :crying

  162. #162Squizzy246B2007-04-02 07:00

    No fences taken.....but I have reversed into a few We just have to keep CB in line...don't want him getting a big head ya know And anyways...you have just fallen victim to my new forum occupation. You see Hi-jacking has become old hat (everybody is doing it) and I've become redundant....so I've come up with a new passtime...its called Re-Jacking...this is where you hi-jack a hi-jacked thread over to another thread which is actually irralevent to the pre-hi-jack topic...or is otherwise a thread that has been hi-jacked but not yet re-jacked cause then you can re-jack the hi-jack or.... ....OH well...something like that.. Has anybody got some pics of really big things??

  163. #163Electra_Glide2007-04-02 08:20

    While both of these threads are notable, my personal favorite is the "Big load and haul" thread. Joe

  164. #164PSDF3502007-04-02 09:07

    Till you just said it I didn't know he was banned. All's I can say about time. I am glad the master of everything doer of nothing is gone. Hope this isn't just isn't a vacation.

  165. #165Lashlander2007-04-02 09:47

    Now who's gonna be the whippin post?:beatsme Its not gonna be me is it? :spaz

  166. #166nedly052007-04-02 16:25

    I feel like my terrible tooth ache is gone

  167. #167PSDF3502007-04-02 17:30

    :lmao :drinkup

  168. #168digger242j2007-04-02 22:29

    Actually, the entire hijacking process is about to be automated and outsourced. Everytime a new spammer registers, Google will search the internet for other forums that the spammer has joined, and select a random post from one of that forum's threads, and it will be posted here, in a randomly selected thread (using Countryboy's account). Like this: and: I'm really looking forward to this, as I'm sure it will result in much more efficient and frequent hijackings, and bring up many subjects that we might otherwise never think to discuss. :drinkup

  169. #169Countryboy2007-04-02 22:33

    My HEF petty cash account hasn't even been activated yet and you already have me buying stuff. You better have a purchace order for that Mr. Digger......:cool2

  170. #170Jeff D.2007-04-02 22:38

    I'll never be able to stay ahead of him in post count now!!:Banghead Hey, maybe they could automate the "new member welcome" too. Countryboy has to put too much work into combing through all the post in search of the new guys under the current system.

  171. #171digger242j2007-04-02 22:39

    Just use your personal credit card, and the company will reimburse you. (Anybody ever been told that at work?) On edit: Maybe you could make posts saying good riddance to all the spammers? That would probably put you ahead of me...

  172. #172Countryboy2007-04-02 22:47

    Thanks for the kind words but I just put it out there, yall made it work. :drinkup I expect every single bit of glory, that you stole, back in its original fashion immediately. If everybody just went around stealing glory then nobody would have it........or would everybody have it. REGARDLESS........Thanks. Hmmm......guilty conscience?

  173. #173Countryboy2007-04-02 22:57

    Watch it now, thats my majority "Posts" revenue generator. Its like having a "Posts" spending account. :umno That happened one time but I learned my lesson. :nono

  174. #174alco2007-04-02 23:08

    Well then, I did see that it said banned, but I thought it said that a while ago and then I though I saw him posting again. I guess I need to pay more attention. Sorry bout that. I have tons of pics, anything in particular anybody wants to see? They aren't all mine, but I can post a bunch of them anyhow........I dun got permission! The coker move that was shown earlier only had pictures up to a certain point. I have some pics here of the move north of town. The night shots didn't turn out well, sorry. Brian

  175. #175alco2007-04-02 23:10

    Here are a few more of the coker move. Brian

  176. #176digger242j2007-04-02 23:13

    Not all bans are permanent. But it gets closer each time. Great Pics, BTW!

  177. #177Jeff D.2007-04-02 23:14

    No, I've a better idea! I'm gonna make a "one size fit's all" form reply post, and I'll just fill in the blanks to reflect a suitable response for whatever the previous post was about. Something like this maybe: and I'll just use it for every new post. I'll stay ahead of you then Countryboy.:cool2

  178. #178Jeff D.2007-04-02 23:21

    Thanks alco for the (a) picture ! I'll (b) consider what (b)you posted a picture of. Have (a)a nice day Jeff D. Hey, it works!!

  179. #179Countryboy2007-04-02 23:33

    Spammers have automated replies. If you used your automated reply then the Automated HEF Spammer Control (Digger) might ban you accidentally. :beatsme On Edit: Thanks for the finale of pics Alco. :drinkup You have my "permission" to post anything you find of interest here. You've already posted lots of pictures of things that are new to me and I would appreciate more. :thumbsup

  180. #180Jeff D.2007-04-02 23:41

    Oh, I'm sure he'll say it was "accidentally"! Alco, those truly are great pics:thumbsup , I don't want to give the wrong impression with all the funnin' around.

  181. #1819420pullpan2007-04-03 00:24

    not sure what he was thinking

  182. #182alco2007-04-03 01:46

    Thanks, don't worry, it's pretty hard to give the wrong impression. I like this place, it's fun! I'm all for joking around. Here are a few more, give me an idea what you would like to see and I will see if I can do it. Brian

  183. #183Countryboy2007-04-03 01:54

    Dozers, lets see some dozers. Big, little and everything in between. :drinkup Is that first truck a Mack?

  184. #184Lashlander2007-04-03 02:06

    Nice pics! Good to see you tear yourself away from your poker game and post them up. :wink2

  185. #185Countryboy2007-04-03 02:24

    Heres a picture of a reactor heading to Alberta with some information. link

  186. #186PSDF3502007-04-03 07:26

    Whatever you feel like posting. Because they have all been good so far.

  187. #187CM19952007-04-03 07:58

    I think it's a Kenworth but it is hard to tell. Couldn't see a bull puppy on the nose of any of them.

  188. #188equipment fan2007-04-03 08:12

    i agree with cm1995,it`s look a kenworth.But,mack have build in the past some big trucks.

  189. #189Squizzy246B2007-04-03 08:29

    Heres a big move that happened awhile back: http://www.roadtrains.com.au/article_article.php?ArticleId=78

  190. #1909420pullpan2007-04-03 11:39

    here ya go

  191. #1919420pullpan2007-04-03 11:45
  192. #192alco2007-04-03 13:04

    The first truck is a Pacific. Here are a couple of dozers for you.....some smaller ones. Brian

  193. #193alco2007-04-03 13:10

    Here are a couple more dozers for you. Brian

  194. #194nedly052007-04-03 16:18

    the last guy looks like he must have stepped in dog crap or something!

  195. #195equipment fan2007-04-03 18:55

    great pics,i like the big skidder.

  196. #196equipment fan2007-04-03 19:05

    and cool dozer!I would like to try it,they are looking to have a lot of modifications,just see the top of the cab.

  197. #197CM19952007-04-03 21:22

    :lmao :lmao That reminds of an incident many years ago. I was building homes in a new section of the subdivision and I just had a framing package delivered the day before and the carpenters had not started yet. The next morning I pull into the project and find about 20 sheets of OSB spread down the street like a deck of cards. After scratching my head a few times and wondering how the truck driver spread the OSB down the street, I find a hood ornament for an Oldsmobile at the end of the spread. Well I guess the would be thieves were as smart as the people in your picture because the best I could tell they went to take off and did not have it tied down- it slid off the roof and took the hood ornament off and hopefully the hood! I got a good laugh and picked up my material.

  198. #198Countryboy2007-04-03 22:57

    Maybe it ran away. :beatsme I did notice a Kenworth insignia on the last one after a closer look. Great site. I was going to get on to you for not posting the pictures until I saw how many there were. You would of been here all day. You beat me to it......in both posts. I have those pictures and was saving them for later. There are some that you didn't post though that I will add to compliment the rest. Thanks. :drinkup Awesome pics Alco. Thats what I was looking for. :thumbsup

  199. #199Countryboy2007-04-03 23:05

    As promised...... The first one is a Kenworth Skidder.

  200. #200Countryboy2007-04-03 23:17

    More....... And 2 for fun.....

  201. #201alco2007-04-03 23:30

    The last one in the pictures is a KW Dart. It's the big gun they bring out when they have to move a shovel or when the Macks and/or Pacific are broke down. Brian

  202. #202Countryboy2007-04-03 23:38

    You know what kind of weight it can pull Alco? Some more of a massive self loading grinder. Oops, forgot one....

  203. #203alco2007-04-04 01:39

    I'm not sure what it is rated for weight wise, but I have seen it move an RH200 around on a fairly regular basis. I also have pictures of it moving a Demag H455S. These pictures came from a good friend, I'm not sure who actually took them. Brian

  204. #204Countryboy2007-04-04 01:47

    Thats cool. Looking at the other pictures (with no point of reference) it didn't look that big. That thing is the size of a Cat 775 haul truck.

  205. #205JDOFMEMI2007-04-04 15:28

    Brian Thanks for the pics of that move. It looks like they are in the middle of putting wider tracks on the shovel, but have only done one side. Thats some transporter for sure!

  206. #206equipment fan2007-04-04 18:36

    guys,very great pictures i like the big trailer with the komatsu shovel.Also,great logging machines .

  207. #2079420pullpan2007-04-04 18:46

    here are a few that i saw today at a Holt dealership!!

  208. #2089420pullpan2007-04-04 18:50

    here are a few more

  209. #209Grader4me2007-04-04 19:23

    :OMG The blue Grader :badidea To me it just doesn't look good :my2c On edit...Nice front blade though...

  210. #210King of Obsolete2007-04-04 19:26

    when you are colour blind like me, it looks just fine, LOL thansk

  211. #211Countryboy2007-04-04 19:28

    We know you would rather have pink but its a sales thing. The blue sells better than pink. :bouncegri On Edit: We were just fooling with you KoO. The grader is really painted red.

  212. #212Grader4me2007-04-04 19:44

    Lol..Haven't you got me mixed up with someone else..you know...pink hardhat and accessories..... down under...

  213. #213Truckie2007-04-04 20:00

    I don’t know look kind of cool.

  214. #214Countryboy2007-04-04 21:01

    Hmmm.......you don't like it, so you made it into your avatar. :crazy I'll never figure you grader operators out.

  215. #215King of Obsolete2007-04-04 21:10

    country boy, it is RED?????? does that mean AUSTIN WESTERN is back in business, LOL i do all right just don't send me to the paint store to pick out the colours, LOL thansk

  216. #216equipment fan2007-04-04 21:21

    great pics pullpan but i dont like the blue colour of the grader

  217. #2179420pullpan2007-04-04 23:06

    well i didnt think it would get that reaction. but it mad me laugh LOL. do you think it has something to do with plowing snow in the mountains at night. who knows maybe i should have made them an offer could have got it cheap! AUH thats better View attachment 4581

  218. #218darkarts2007-04-04 23:07

    kinda thought this fit new to the forum, first post. just thought i'd add this, i don't know anything about it i just have had it on my computer for awhile...thought it was interesting... Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

  219. #219Countryboy2007-04-04 23:12

    Grader4me will have the update in his avatar in no time. :laugh Welcome to HEF darkarts! :drinkup

  220. #220darkarts2007-04-04 23:50

    I was looking through some of the older posts, and rollingon corp came up. in my travels in the past i came across one of them up for auction... I thought it was interesting enough to call about however I couldn't marshall the funds for it at the time. I regret not being able to get it...but... all's well.... This is what was posted about it on the government website: 1993 ROLLIGON 4X4 ARTICULATED AMPHIBIOUS DITCHER, 8.3L CUMMINS ENGINE, MARINE GRADE ALTERNATOR AND STARTER 72X68 28V4 KEVLAR REINFORCED TIRES, AC, CATEGORY 2 THREE POINT HITCH, REAR HYDRAULIC DRIVE, DOUBLE DIPPED GALVANIZED FRAME, CORROSION RESISTENT "COPON" COATING ON ENGINE, STAINLESS STEEL HYDRAULIC OIL COOLER, JOYSTICK CONTROLS, TRANSMISSION WAS REPLACED 08/2001 AND ENGINE WAS REPLACED AT 2565 HOURS,SPARE TIRE IS AVAILABLE WITH THE MACHINE. "THIS IS A ONE OF A KIND MACHINE" CUSTOM BUILT FOR CHARLESTON COUNTY WITH SPECIAL ATTENTION TO DEAL WITH THE SALT WATER ENVIRONMENT IT OPERATED IN. MANY STAINLESS STEEL UPGRADE SINCE PURCHASED NEW. THERE IS SOME CORROSION ON THE CAB AND HAS SOME BROKEN GLASS. STARTER SOLENOID MAY BE BAD...SOMETIMES HAVE TO BOOST IT DIRECTLY AT THE STARTER. CRANKS, RUNS AND OPERATES. "COSTS OVER $350,000.00 TO BUILD A COMPARABLE MACHINE TODAY. DITCHERS USED WITH THIS TRACTOR ARE LISTED FOR SALE SEPARATELY. Can you beleive it sold for 20,000?

  221. #221Countryboy2007-04-04 23:55

    Um your links need some attention........ When on the site you want to link to, right click the site and click "copy". Then go to to your new post and click the at the top. "Paste" the link into there and click "OK". You link will be good as new. :wink2 On Edit: Or you can always post pics......:thumbsup That was a steal at $20,000. Makes me wish I had that much for a toy. If I had it, it wouldn't be seeing any work, just play. :cool2

  222. #222Lashlander2007-04-05 00:10

    I thought this pic was kinda cool. This was in a book called Giant Earthmoving Equipment by Eric C. Orlemann

  223. #223Blademan2007-04-05 00:51

    Wow , great photo indeed . Is that one of those Terex trucks ? Like the one parked near Sparwood BC ? Thanks again everyone for all the great pictures .:notworthy About the blue Grader . I'm not sure if I like it or not , but I just can't stop looking at it . Weird ...

  224. #224Lashlander2007-04-05 01:06

    That is the one parked at Sparwood BC. The Terex Titan 33-19. There was only one made.

  225. #225Countryboy2007-04-05 01:11

    That hoe ain't tied down. :nono Great pic :thumbsup . I think its because of things like that though that it was parked. :cool2

  226. #226Lashlander2007-04-05 01:40

    Ya, load a half a load of dirt, then throw the hoe on. ointhead

  227. #227Grader4me2007-04-05 04:12

    Lol...Thought that would draw a response from you. I could only stand it as my avatar while I was off line though Many have tryed my friend...Many have tryed :deadhorse

  228. #228Squizzy246B2007-04-05 05:27

    Gotta do some more work on those "accessories"

  229. #229XHawkeye2007-04-05 12:18

    See attached

  230. #230CM19952007-04-05 12:26

    How did you get that picture of my wife's grandparents on that tractor?:bouncegri Well it is the "other" side of the family.:wink2

  231. #231Bob Horrell2007-04-05 22:53

    That is some serious torque on that "oversize" load. Hope he has a strong frame. The torque on my 500hp dump truck just amazes me sometimes. Gotta love those diesels.

  232. #232Lashlander2007-04-06 21:51

    Heres a couple of Rollingons from the North Slope.

  233. #233PSDF3502007-04-06 21:54

    Great pics. More info on those please lash.

  234. #234Lashlander2007-04-06 22:03

    I don't have a lot of info on them. Crowley Maritime uses them to transport stuff around the North Slope. The company that makes them is Rollingon. They are able to travel across the tundra without scarring it up. They make alot of different types. Countryboy posted a bunch of different types in this thread a few pages ago.

  235. #235Countryboy2007-04-07 01:40

    Great pics Lash and XHawkeye. :drinkup Lash, if you ever get a chance to take some more pics of those Rollingon trucks, you know where to put them. :thumbsup

  236. #236Lashlander2007-04-07 12:16

    I stole them pics, I've made it my mission to stay off the North Slope if possible. Its colder there than Wyoming.

  237. #237Lashlander2007-04-07 18:31

    I broke in and stole a couple more. I was wrong, their not operated by Crowley Maritime. Their operated by Crowley All Terrain Co., a division of Crowley Maritime. I also stole these from a calender that the IUOE Local 302 put out.

  238. #238King of Obsolete2007-04-07 18:35

    oh lashlander you risk taker you,LOL glad you are sharing with us. i have only seen pictures in a book on these along time ago. the computer makes the world a small place. thansk

  239. #239Countryboy2007-04-09 03:29

    Is it true that after working on the Slope for a while that one leg becomes shorter than the other? :beatsme Good pics :yup . Did you put them back after you stole them.......:cool2

  240. #240nedly052007-04-09 05:29

    Awesome!!

  241. #241Lashlander2007-04-09 09:24

    The first smart aleck don't stand a chance around here. I agree about the computer. Amazing what you can find out there. I can't know for sure. I've been asked a couple times to go up but have no urge to go there in the winter. Thats when all the work takes place. I've been above the Artic Circle in the summer and its an beautiful place, but I never really liked solid white. Yes I did. They don't even know I was there.

  242. #242King of Obsolete2007-04-09 23:08

    yes lashlander, if it wasn't for the computer, i would think the world is flat, LOL still got snow????? thansk

  243. #243Lashlander2007-04-10 01:47

    I've got a couple feet in the yard still, but its about 38 and raining like the big dog. I may have to fire up the lawn mower about june 25th.:yup

  244. #244Countryboy2007-04-11 00:14

    Found a site with more dredges.......for your enjoyment of course. opcorn The Colbart

  245. #245Countryboy2007-04-11 00:16

    The IJzeren Hein The Nordic Giant

  246. #246Countryboy2007-04-11 00:22

    The Rocky

  247. #247Countryboy2007-04-11 00:24

    The Tauracavor

  248. #248Countryboy2007-04-11 00:26

    The Tauracavor The New York

  249. #249Countryboy2007-04-11 00:28

    The New York

  250. #250Countryboy2007-04-11 00:30

    The New York

  251. #251Copenhagen2007-04-11 01:28

    The Nordic Giant seemed to be listing quite a bit.

  252. #252equipment fan2007-04-11 07:50

    Thanks for the pictures cb:notworthy .Nice pictures.I like all of these excavator in a barge.

  253. #253mtb3452007-04-11 15:27

    now that looks like a great piece of iron to work with:cool2

  254. #254dayexco2007-04-11 17:11

    notice a lot of those excavators have the house on the right side of the boom?

  255. #255speedy2007-04-11 19:06

    http://www.kenworth.com/6100_pre_mor.asp?file=1721

  256. #256equipment fan2007-04-11 19:20

    this is a very big transport!!!

  257. #257wrenchbender2007-04-11 20:25

    Not all are as lucky we are some things have to done the hard way.

  258. #258Jeff D.2007-04-11 20:30

    What do you spose that one guy on tops' job is? Lift those power wires up so they can pass underneith? ointhead

  259. #259Countryboy2007-04-11 20:50

    The steering wheel is up top..... That must of been back before they invented horses. :beatsme

  260. #260PSDF3502007-04-11 20:57

    Would love to see dot's face if you loaded a truck like that around here Almost worth the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$fine.

  261. #261Jeff D.2007-04-11 21:14

    The most concerning part is they have those life perservers tied to the front, as if there's gonna be some water involved too. Never thought my memory-foam mattress had such an exciting voyage getting to the mattress store, that's for sure!:beatsme

  262. #262wrenchbender2007-04-11 21:22

    He is the offical matteress tester and professional balancer roll to the front roll to the back.:slomo

  263. #263wrenchbender2007-04-11 21:28

    Now if you look real close their feet ain't touching the ground so DOT couldn't get'em for being over weight. And they would probly claim they were just keeping those heavanly materesses from floating away. Thus no height problem either.lol

  264. #264Lashlander2007-04-11 22:48

    It appears that all the water in the world isn't deep enough.:yup

  265. #265PSDF3502007-04-12 00:23

    Here finally found it. Posted a few pics in another thread while I was looking for this. Scroll to bottom of page. http://classicunimogs.com/unimog_photos_6.html

  266. #266Lashlander2007-04-12 00:38
  267. #267equipment fan2007-04-12 07:24

    :thumbsup :cool2

  268. #268HeyUvaVT2007-04-12 09:13

    id like to know just how they loaded that thing without taking a tumble with all of it

  269. #2699420pullpan2007-04-13 20:16

    Class "A" Ten Speed Class "A" Ten Speed this guy was riding right past us today couldnt help but take a pic. the guy kept coming around all day. must have been lookin for some work as a trash hauler>>>

  270. #270Countryboy2007-04-13 20:25

    :lmao Priceless

  271. #271jmac2007-04-13 21:47

    that guy has a very cool bike, I wan't one.

  272. #272wrenchbender2007-04-13 22:03

    The King of Obsolete better look out this guy is big in the recycling trade those are aluminum cans in those bags. Who knows whats next retrieving sunken dozers?

  273. #273DirtySouthTruck2007-04-16 11:31

    Great pics guys! Great pics guys!

  274. #274CAT245ME2007-04-16 12:08

    I bet that fuller on the bike didnt like having his picture taken, it's a wonder he never came after you.

  275. #275Countryboy2007-04-16 19:02

    Welcome to HEF DirtySouthTruck! :drinkup

  276. #276nedly052007-04-17 05:51

    Welcome to the forum Dirtysouthtruck, Glad to see another truck driver here!!!:drinkup

  277. #277Countryboy2007-04-24 00:06

    I found the rest of the pics of the bucket move you posted Wrenchbender. :drinkup It was a bucket from Big Muskie. liml link

  278. #278Countryboy2007-04-24 00:08

    link

  279. #279Countryboy2007-04-24 00:22

    Locomotive being relocated to historical site. link

  280. #280Countryboy2007-04-24 00:24

    link

  281. #281Lashlander2007-04-24 02:04

    Good pics! I had to do a double take at the Beehive on the door of that trooper car. I got to know a few of them guys a little to much back in the early eighties.

  282. #28206bowtie_guy2007-04-24 10:20

    Cool pics. I find heavy haul a very interesting job. People that do it are very skilled. Sometimes to get around obsticles is just insane.

  283. #283Big Iron2007-04-24 18:52

    they are cool. i have worked around them while employed by Mukluk Oilfield Services (another Crowley Co. that was based on the N. Slope) I just returned from the slope yesterday and the rolligons are busy trying to get everything in off the ice, as it is starting to get warm up there (temps from 5 to 20 above and the sea ice is getting sloppy) We had CATCO haul a 90 ton P&H out past Umiat years back and blew 2 bags on the way, talk about a pain in the rear to change at -45 degrees. the ground pressure is so low that loaded they can drive over your foot with out crushing it. they are the only equipment that can be used during the summer months on the tundra.

  284. #284Lashlander2007-04-24 22:55

    Alright, thanks for the info. I was wondering where you disappeared to. :drinkup

  285. #285Big Iron2007-04-25 00:31

    i wish i was :drinkup but the NS has changed and there is no more :drinkup bummer. i remember when the NS was ran by the working hand, not someones brother, uncle, cousin or inlaw. oh well such is life. the internet is tough to get up there. i have a wireless card, but it is not much better that dialup:Banghead . however i did get some time in our new 300 ton linkbelt motor crane this hitch so not all was bad. boy what a nice machine!! anyway home for 2 weeks much beer, life is good:notworthy .

  286. #286digger242j2007-05-04 08:44

    I guess if you get lost hauling one of those big loads, the best thing to do is just park it and walk home. :beatsme

  287. #287Countryboy2007-05-04 20:08

    Thats pretty good Digger. :thumbsup Funny how they say it can't be "reversed" back out. Seems they just haven't found a driver able to do it. :beatsme

  288. #288richardcatdaddy2007-05-05 15:35

    subject I think,notice I said think?But it looks like an Oshkosh Super Duty.Courase I can be easy wrong bout that.I drive a 92 KW T 800 day cab pulling a Etnyre Blackhawk dropdeck with a 55 ton rating.But those are some great pictures.I saw a driver pulling a Cat 385 track hoe on a big ole trailer the other day with a couple jeeps on the trailer rig too.

  289. #289richardcatdaddy2007-05-06 19:04

    subject I am not sure but it looks like a Oskosh Super Duty truck.Big mining operations use thwm to move big stuff.

  290. #290King of Obsolete2007-05-06 19:17

    ok, just getting caught up here, LOL the big bucket move is a classic picture of when things got done with an ex army truck and a green lizard pulling. the insurance companies were not there, DOT were having coffee and the job was completed. the next pictures of the steam engine being moved show how things have change in 20 years. that steam engine traveled america at 60 miles an hour on rails made of steel. to be moved to it's new location it took all those wheels and frame to get it there. amazing how things changed. ok, i'm off the soapbox, maybe someone better take the soapbox away, i have been on it lots lately, LOL thansk

  291. #291Countryboy2007-05-07 00:24

    This video clip of a Heavy Haul rig is from zhkent's (thanks buddy :drinkup ) personal website. Although its a short clip (cause somebody didn't keep following the truck ) , its not everyday that you get to see one of these in something other than a picture. Video courtesy of zhkent.com : Heavy Hauler

  292. #292zhkent2007-05-07 16:51

    Sorry about putting the title right in the durn way. :Banghead Didn't keep original clips so can't redo. Kent

  293. #293Countryboy2007-05-07 18:47

    Its only for a second or three so it ain't no thang....

  294. #294P Backus2007-05-12 01:42

    I'll throw my hat in the ring here too. I ran across some pics of a Big Boy steam locomotive and a Centenial UP 6900 being moved in Omaha. Not the biggest or the best, but there is a real interesting series of photos of the whole move of both locomotives. I'll post the link since there are a ton of pics of each, but I'll also try to post one or two pics here too. http://www.uphs.org/4023move.html Paul

  295. #295Countryboy2007-05-12 02:24

    Great pictures. :drinkup Thats a pretty cool looking project. Probably need to be there in person to get the full effect. :cool2

  296. #296Lashlander2007-05-12 09:34

    Nice ones! :thumbsup Thats a cool display.

  297. #297P Backus2007-05-12 09:40

    It's also kind of interesting that they must be just using a hydraulic drive from the power unit on the side. You really don't see trucks hooked up the front, except for the crawlers on the last hill. It even looks like they steer it by hand. Anybody have any insight on how they did that? Paul

  298. #298wrenchbender2007-05-12 16:44

    P Backus, Very interesting indeed Thanks for posting the link us old folk like this sort of stuff.

  299. #299hilbile2007-05-22 22:06

    Countryboy, whats that thing in the 2nd last picture on the first page you posted??? that things friggin HUGE. and those oil things i wish i had an entry but around here its all hills and big loads and hills it sounds like dont see eye to eye

  300. #300Countryboy2007-05-23 20:56

    Hilbile, that is quote from the Kings post (see post here ). I have my options set to view 40 posts per page so your page 1 might be different from mine. I'm guessing thats the one you're referring to.

  301. #301hilbile2007-05-23 21:56

    THats proabably it. Thank you, when you get so many pages and reading you miss stuff like that and get all mixed up. :Banghead now i remember reading that.

  302. #302Ross2007-05-31 18:13

    Great thead. Some great pics. I cannot remember were i aquired this pic. Interesting non the less. Ross

  303. #303XHawkeye2007-08-12 21:28

    Got Torque?

  304. #304RollOver Pete2007-08-12 21:56

    Thats what I'm talking about! :drinkup :cool2

  305. #305dumptrucker2007-08-13 21:58

    Looks like the pete is lifting it's leg and going to pee on the KW. lol . Awesome!

  306. #306zhkent2007-08-14 15:24

    Meant this guy on the road today, he was definitely wide. Didn't get the lead escort filmed that was driving square down the middle of the highway. Big Load

  307. #30706bowtie_guy2007-08-14 17:02

    Nice to see some people liked that picture. I forgot I didn't post it on this board.

  308. #308Lashlander2007-08-15 00:46

    Nice pic of the pete. Thats wild! Nice video of that big load zhkent. Must have been heavy with that pusher truck.

  309. #309Farmall9532009-01-13 11:36

    Diamond Heavy Haul INC They are a leader in the Heavy Hauling industry and they have some big rigs. Can't post pictures but I can put there link on here. http://www.diamondheavyhaul.com/index.htm check out there newest addition. Their Super Dual Lane Transporter 38 Axle Parameter Dual Lane Max Weight: 225 Tons (450,000 lbs.) w/ Parameter 325 Tons (650,000 lbs.) w/ Overhead Suspension Drive Units: 2x- 550 HP Caterpillar Engines

  310. #310thejdman042009-01-13 12:33

    Great pics

  311. #311Steve Frazier2009-01-13 13:09

    It must be a job within itself just to transport the trailers to the customer's site and back from the drop site.

  312. #312Farmall9532009-01-13 15:50

    Yes it is a big job to move those trailers. They make them in a small town called Shandon outside Cincinnati ohio and I see them move pretty often an it messes traffic up always but its really neat to see

  313. #313ben94f1502010-11-21 11:23

    looks like a oshkosh truck

  314. #314CAT_MAN2010-12-05 15:05

    Bumpin it back up

  315. #315EGS2011-01-12 15:36

    Here is a truck I seen today.

  316. #316EGS2011-01-12 15:39

    A video of the same truck. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiUC83lJsNQ

  317. #317ghhs2011-03-06 04:16

    thanks for sharing the nice pictures. Do you know the type of the tractor for transporting the DEMAG H455S? THANKS A LOT

  318. #318ghhs2011-03-06 04:42

    The first tractor is PACIFIC P 12W3 Prime mover , the 2nd and 3rd i really do not know, i think maybe it is a MACK....

  319. #319Blacksmoke072011-03-06 10:23

    Sweet!

  320. #320rare ss2011-04-03 00:32

    we've got afew of this things running around, their an aussie built truck using CAT 777D componets, 75ton carry or 200ton tow capacity www.haulmax.com for more pic's and vid's (theres some photo's of our 160ton tow loader there)

  321. #321KW850&T800H2011-04-03 01:35

    Either a Cline, Mack or Challenger. Certaintly not a Pacific or Hayes.

  322. #322rino2011-05-01 18:47

    either an Autocar, or an Oshkosh!