I'm looking at an old Hough 60D (cummins). She's not real pretty, and is low priced (3500 obo), and is very local. I want to use it on my farm for loading compost, and occasionally to load logs onto my sawmill and move snow. All the work is on the farm, and for myself, not for someone standing there paying me to do the work. I expect I might use it 100 hours/year, but it would save several hundred hours/year compared to using my loader tractor to do the same jobs. It would also save my loader tractor from the work it's doing. The alternative of buying a newer one, which would be worth a minumum of several times this amount ain't happening. This is not a need, but a desire mostly to speed up the compost operation. Am I crazy for thinking about this old thing? I can't find specs for this thing - anyone have a link or knowledge? What should I do to test it before I buy - if I get that far? If you feel like it, add all the details you want. I realize there could be several parts/systems that if they were to crap out, could cost more to repair than the whole thing would be worth. Any way to get a feel for the condition of those systems/parts? Where on God's green earth do you find parts for this thing?
No replies yet.