Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Thoughts on ’03 VT 365

AKSNOW ยท 2015-04-20 19:49

Hi all! My sister has a couple of resteraunts and is looking at a 2003 International 16' box truck with a VT365 / Allison automatic transmission and was wondering if this a good-reliable rig? It only has 17,000 miles and pics look like it is in good shape.Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1AKSNOW2015-04-20 19:51

    It will probably do a 800 mile round trip run 2 times a month for the summer with about 4-6,000 lbs of freight.

  2. #2RLU_tech2015-04-20 21:50

    VT365 is basically the same engine as the 6.0 Powerstroke found in 2003-2007 Ford pickups and vans. The Powerstroke version has been plagued with numerous problems since introduction. EGR problems, oil coolers, high pressure pumps, head gaskets...the list goes on. I've heard that the International truck engines had far less issues but I have no real life expiriance with the IH version.

  3. #3AKSNOW2015-04-21 12:04

    Yea I found that ! Just curious if anyone had these in their fleet and what to expect! Thanks

  4. #4Dualie2015-04-23 00:17

    about the same rep as a powerstroke. Id avoid it personally.