Hey Guys We have both listed on our website under Dozers . Honestly I am not sure if these are comparable models because I think the Cat D6-D is a lot newer than the International TD15C . More what I am asking is cost not being a factor is there a comparable International Dozer to a Cat Dozer? Im also looking for a Cat or Cummins 250 Kilowatt Generator . We have a nice 100 KW Cat Generator but would like to track something down a little bigger. Cheers Jerrod Savona Equipment
both dozers are close. weight 32000 to 38000 depending on how there set up. horse power 140. the 15c was made up till I think 93 under the dresser name. in 89 or 90 they changed from the 466 ih motor to the 8.3 cummins . both are excellent dozers. but the 15 was just a little better.
I have run both a lot and they are both excellent dozers,it is hard to say which one is the better performer and I would not be afraid to purchase either one.You might get longer life from the Cat because of parts availability and the TD-15 might be a little cheaper but they are both very capable machines and I might just lean toward the Dresser a bit.Just as an example I started the site work on a tract of land for an housing development on top of a hill and the water table was right on top of the ground,it was a swamp on a hill so we rented a D51 Komatsu LGP machine to give us a fighting chance to drain the property along with our pipe crew and I worked right along side that LGP dozer with our TD-15C and I couldn't see that he was moving any more material than I was and I could go anyplace that he did with it.Ron G
Both very good Tractors. The semi u on the 15 is a much better blade than the straight blade of the cat in my opinion, unless they have angle blades in which case the international blade will still be better , the 15 feels better on steeper slopes side ways. And better visablity with a lower bonnet. The D6 is probably more comfortable to drive and the parts has already been covered.
The TD 15C has nearly 150mm more ground clearance and a flat smooth belly, no diagonal braces from the track frames like the cat has, makes a big difference in soft going,I have spent many hrs on both machines.
you can have the final drives off a 15c in 2 or 3 hours with out pulling the track frames, and you don't have to call cat to bring the tools to get the cat apart. if you do your own mechanic work the 15 is the way to go, if you hire it done i wood be thinking cat
The 15c is a nice cat but cat 6d is a better cat in the long run with having a better resale .
That is a good point. That is not the case with the older cats though is it?
Another memeber (R.D.G013) said "The TD 15C has nearly 150mm more ground clearance and a flat smooth belly, no diagonal braces from the track frames like the cat has, makes a big difference in soft going" Would this be the largest factor. J Downey Savona Equipment
If you had both dozers at action and they were the same year, same condition, and set up the same, the Cat wood bring more money.
We own a 15c with the 8.3 liter (505 Cummins very poplular) motor and it is an excellent machine. They are proven reliable crawlers and they also have outboard planetaries which reduce the final torque on the shaft. We have a couple 175Cs also which are more or less the same as a 15C. The 175s have 466s in them which are great international engines, (and very common.)