Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Thoughts on HD 4 Allis Chalmers

iceberg210 ยท 2009-04-29 00:51

Well it's that time again, one where I'm looking at machines which is dangerous to my pocketbook, but that's how things work. Anyway so I'm looking at an HD4 Allis Chalmers with a six way power blade. My question lies more in the topic of is it too small? According to the information I was able to find it weighs about 10k lbs and I'm wondering if that's too small to even do grading and mild clearing. We have a TD-6 4in1 as well so I figured that it might be able to do all the real heavy lifting but I want a dozer that's worth something if I'm going to shell out money for it so what is your guy's take on the HD4 or any 10k size dozer. Thanks in advance for the help!

Replies2
  1. #1iceberg2102009-04-29 02:26

    Also almost forgot to ask how difficult is it to put a winch on a D3 Cat? We're talking one of the late seventy models. I think it's a B or just the normal D3, made in Japan at any rate with automatic transmission, foot brake steering 6 way blade etc.

  2. #2iceberg2102009-04-29 14:32

    Well all for not cause I realized the machine was too small for my uses. Thanks anyway.