Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Threaded guide

Mike Cattarin ยท 2022-10-06 16:27

I have a 1977 John Deere 410D. I'm in need of a threaded guide or bushing for the dipper cylinder. A used one would be great, if possible. I'm having a difficult time tyring to locate one. Any leads would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Replies8
  1. #1Tinkerer2022-10-06 16:51

    Welcome to HEF, Mike ! Your description is a little vague. More details are needed. Pin bushing problems or getting the gland back in the cylinder ?

  2. #2heymccall2022-10-06 17:45

    These are from 410D, but, 1977 isn't a D IIRC. My 1993 410D has 794991 serial number. 410C matches the above, also.

  3. #3heymccall2022-10-06 17:50

    410B

  4. #4Tinkerer2022-10-06 21:12

    Bbbut, Mike is working on the dipper cylinder. We just need to know which part of it is he is putting back together or replacing.

  5. #51466IH2022-10-06 22:01

    Are you talking about the rod guide?

  6. #6joe--h2022-10-06 23:56

    Same thing as this ? --> HeavyEquipmentForums Joe H

  7. #7heymccall2022-10-07 01:04

    Which one is a "dipper" cylinder? I know boom, arm or stick, extendahoe, and bucket. And, to make it easier, how about a serial number, just because.

  8. #8Tinkerer2022-10-07 07:51

    Yes, a serial number will certainly get more accurate help. Dipper and crowd are the only two words I have ever heard or used for the attachment pined to the boom of a backhoe. So, the cylinder for it would carry the same name. The arrow is pointing on the dipper cylinder.